Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think a time-travel machine is possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably, but some rules will have to be set to keep control and not abuse time traveling.

I will make some proposals:

It will be like an airport, you will be taxed on traveling, and there will be different traveling lines like there are different airlines.

Section 1: This section covers monetary gains, crime, and health risks.

1A. You will be monitored to see if you are going to visit yourself to give yourself financial information, like winning lottery numbers, betting, stock market information. You can however, give yourself life tips and advices. You can also go back to give yourself money as long as its your own money.

1B. You will also be monitored to see if you are going to commit any type of crime. Any crime you commit will be punishable by the present law. Meaning you can not go back to commit a crime back in a time where it was not considered a crime. The present time law will be in effect for the traveler.

1C. You can not make any purchases of items/jewelry, valuables or collectibles that have increased in value with time. This includes gold, silver, etc, baseball cards, or other items that have increased a certain amount of dollars.

3. There will be a limit to how many times your body can handle time traveling per year. You will run the risk of getting cancer or seriously ill. So the time traveling staff will put you on some kind of medicine every time you travel, and you have to come back within a certain time frame, no long vacations.

4. Years B.C.E, 1000-1990 A.C.E. is off limits, in addition, you can not go back more than 25 years in the past.

Section 2: Death:

1. You can not go back to save some one who died of natural causes, for example bringing back your parents who died of old age. However, those who died in any type of accident, like car, motor vehicle, or those who were murdered in a crime can be brought back.

Comment

This is the beginning of the time traveling rule book. The time traveling committee will overlook, revise and agree on these rules and regulations and we will make it law by next year.

President of Time Travel Inc.
      Kev

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Stephen Hawking once said this: Einstein's general theory of relativity seems to offer the possibility that we could warp space-time so much that we could travel back in time. However, it is likely that warping would trigger a bolt of radiation that would destroy the spaceship and maybe the space-time itself. I have experimental evidence that time travel is not possible.

Aint't it fascinating if this technology would be invented in the future?

It's bigger on the inside.

Comment

Time travel only possible in your mind.

Comment

If Jesus rose from the dead then why can't time travel be possible? Err oh yeah right

Comment

Forward yes, backwards it would be impossible.

Comment

No because wouldn't we be encountering people from the future?

And if they weren't allowed to go backwards, going into the future would be pointless, you wouldn't exist in the present.

Therefore on your way to the future you would wind up disintegrating because if you didn't exist in the present, how would you exist in the future?

Comment

of course it is, dawg. have you even read HG wells?

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    Nope. Hawkings can never be wrong. Ask russiancrushin.

But yeah, 'time' doesn't exist. Motion and change exist. Time was just created to measure said motion and change. One rotation around the sun is just that, one rotation around the sun. Nothing more. Its humans who came along and said its a day, and broke it further down mathematically.

But don't listen to me. I'm just an obscure boxing scene lounge poster. Instead put your trust in the dude that can never be wrong because he's uber smart......yet has been proven to be wrong.
                    You've convinced me, ill put my trust in you, a person who's never wrong

AK49 >>Hawking

I
                    Last edited by Russian Crushin; 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                      Nope. Hawkings can never be wrong. Ask russiancrushin.

But yeah, 'time' doesn't exist. Motion and change exist. Time was just created to measure said motion and change. One rotation around the sun is just that, one rotation around the sun. Nothing more. Its humans who came along and said its a day, and broke it further down mathematically.

But don't listen to me. I'm just an obscure boxing scene lounge poster. Instead put your trust in the dude that can never be wrong because he's uber smart......yet has been proven to be wrong.
                      Actually, you aren't really making a good argument from your side. The word "TIME" is just a concept, yes that humans have put on the deterioration of the universe around us.

Let's make no mistake about it though, it is happening. Entropy is real, we are all dying and "time" passing by is causing this effect.

Even the sun will one day die, as will the universe in heat death. So we could argue that time does or doesn't exist but I think that small minded people like you or I can't debate this topic intelligently enough because we don't know what we are talking about.

Being smart isn't just why people listen to Hawkins, people listen because his being that smart allows him to understand things you or I never will.
                      Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 04-16-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X