Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you go to sleep after seeing a spider like this crawl under your bed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol...I live in Dallas. Was attacked by a Texas redback spider....damn thing was dangling on a web off a tree and when it saw me he swung over to me like Tarzan
    on a rope. I did my version of the rope-a-dope and smashed him with an overhand right. It hit the patio and I stepped on him yelling "who's your daddy!".

I have a house on a lake not too far away...there are an UNCOUNTABLE number of spiders around the house. They make webs by flying off trees and grabbing whatever they can hold onto....

Haven't seen anything THAT big though.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Since we had no real size reference, I decided to take it upon myself to use a penny to compare the relative size of that tiny tiny huntsman spider. This is 100% accurate folks

lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        that they're avoided or killed / exterminated by humans has nothing to do with decreases in death rates

whatever you say, dude.
        I didn't say it had "nothing" to do with the low death rates, I just refused to concede to your statement that the numbers would be "significantly" higher were they not feared.

Why? Because it's impossible to comment on the significance you're accrediting to fear due to the lack of available statistics on spider bite deaths per year in previous decades. I don't do speculation.

However, upon further research, I did discover that nobody in the United States has died from a black widow bite in the past decade. Using that information it's obvious that the vast majority of spider bite deaths in the US are caused by recluses and not widows.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          However, upon further research, I did discover that nobody in the United States has died from a black widow bite in the past decade. Using that information it's obvious that the vast majority of spider bite deaths in the US are caused by recluses and not widows.
          I got bit by a brown recluse a few years back. It got infected real bad....I waiting too long to get to a doctor and when I did he YELLED at me for waiting so long as I could have died. They are way more dangerous than blackwidows or anything else in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            I didn't say it had "nothing" to do with the low death rates, I just refused to concede to your statement that the numbers would be "significantly" higher were they not feared.

Why? Because it's impossible to comment on the significance you're accrediting to fear due to the lack of available statistics on spider bite deaths per year in previous decades. I don't do speculation.

that they're avoided or killed / exterminated humans doesn't have a significant effect on death rates

happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              I got bit by a brown recluse a few years back. It got infected real bad....I waiting too long to get to a doctor and when I did he YELLED at me for waiting so long as I could have died. They are way more dangerous than blackwidows or anything else in the US.

have any pictures?

Comment

And I can't express my concern enough to my brethren from Australia.

Even the livestock are venomous over there, from what I hear.

The funnel web can kill a man with a harsh look, much less if they attack with there chompers.

I can deal with Great Whites. There are off the coast of California. Eastern Browns? Fuck a ***** ass snake.

That little fucker?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  Sorry to hear it.

I had a neighbor who got bit by a recluse back in 2005, on his right shoulder. Similar story - Real bad infection which eventually lead to a staph infection that ate a huge hole in his shoulder.

When I say "huge", I mean his doctor was stuffing an entire roll of gauze down into the wound every day to absorb the drainage/rotting flesh.

It took 3 months to fully heal and he was in agony and on oxycontin the whole way through.

Comment

Throw a football at it.

Comment

Got Reed throwing salt in my animal dominance game.

That's that bullshit I was talkin' bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X