Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you go to sleep after seeing a spider like this crawl under your bed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    and you recognize that that number would be significantly higher if they weren't feared?
    No, I don't.

Why? Because medical treatment and the administering of antivenin is largely responsible for the incredibly low death statistics, not fear.

Comment

That 6 per year statistic is combined between both the widow and the recluse, BTW.

Comment

Since we had no real size reference, I decided to take it upon myself to use a penny to compare the relative size of that tiny tiny huntsman spider. This is 100% accurate folks

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Since we had no real size reference, I decided to take it upon myself to use a penny to compare the relative size of that tiny tiny huntsman spider. This is 100% accurate folks

Comment

The goliath bird eater would spark that huntsman out in 30 seconds.

Comment

Bro, any guy who can take a punch from a 6' black dude and walk away from it should be able to handle an itsy bitsy spider.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                No, I don't.

Why? Because medical treatment and the administering of antivenin is largely responsible for the incredibly low death statistics, not fear.

that they're avoided or killed / exterminated by humans has nothing to do with decreases in death rates

whatever you say, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what is irrational about fearing a black widow spider?
                  That is the only spider I hate. We get them a lot here. One even killed one of my dogs.

Comment

Bringer comparing the inherent evilness of spiders to a chalupa from Taco Bell.

Fucking spider apologist.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      That is the only spider I hate. We get them a lot here. One even killed one of my dogs.

you live in arizona, correct?

that sucks about your dog, man. i'm sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                      X