No announcement yet.

Sean Penn vs Denzel Washington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Daniel Day Lewis is still the man though. He went ahead of Newman and Brando after he won for Lincoln IMO. He was incredible in that. He can still pass jack but his resume isn't quite as deep but he's like 20 something years younger.

Unbearable Lightness of Being
    My Left Foot
    The Last of the Mohicans
    The Age of Innocence
    In the Name of the Father
    The Crucible
    The Boxer
    Gangs of New York
    There Will Be Blood
    Lincoln

His resume just isn't as deep, but it's very very very very strong.
    Recommend 4 to 5 Nicholson movies I MUST watch in order to see his brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      That's good and all, but Nicholson is nowhere near the best actor to me, at all.

Give me a recommendation on a movie that will leave me speechless at his performance, or some of his BEST movies.

Give me like 4 or 5 movies I NEED to watch.
      Something that also helps Nicholson over Day Lewis is that Nicholson can be just as incredible and memorable as the supporting character, as the lead. Day Lewis....well Idk if he can. Don't give me Gangs of New York, HE WAS THE LEAD, Leo was along for the ride. Also Nicholson has humor going for him as well as drama.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of the best movie's ever....

Five Easy Pieces is incredible

Even his few scenes in A Few Good Men were great, some iconic stuff that's lived on forever.

Chinatown is a classic

The Shining is another classic that wasn't full appreciated by awards season

There's some of my favorite Nicholson performances.

Nicholson has been a wide range of characters, has an impeccable resume, can be memorable as the lead or completely steal the show as the supporting role, and has multiple types of movies going for him (drama as well as comedic roles)

Nicholson is the GOAT to me.

Comment

Something that also helps Nicholson over Day Lewis is that Nicholson can be just as incredible and memorable as the supporting character, as the lead. Day Lewis....well Idk if he can. Don't give me Gangs of New York, HE WAS THE LEAD, Leo was along for the ride. Also Nicholson has humor going for him as well as drama.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of the best movie's ever....

Five Easy Pieces is incredible

Even his few scenes in A Few Good Men were great, some iconic stuff that's lived on forever.

Chinatown is a classic

The Shining is another classic that wasn't full appreciated by awards season

There's some of my favorite Nicholson performances.

Nicholson has been a wide range of characters, has an impeccable resume, can be memorable as the lead or completely steal the show as the supporting role, and has multiple types of movies going for him (drama as well as comedic roles)

Nicholson is the GOAT to me.
        A lot of people online are saying you must watch 5 easy pieces to see his master piece work. I'll check that out, and One Flew. No, I haven't seen it yet, sue me.

Seen Chinatown and Shining.

Comment

You haven't seen One Flew??? One of the best films ever, hands down.

I'm saying to be the greatest, I can't rate Day Lewis over him. His resume isn't nearly as deep but his performances are just as strong.

Nicholson has been memorable as the lead or the supporting role, has been incredible in various dramatic roles as well as comedic roles. Those are two things Day Lewis hasn't done, as great as he is.

Comment

You haven't seen One Flew??? One of the best films ever, hands down.

I'm saying to be the greatest, I can't rate Day Lewis over him. His resume isn't nearly as deep but his performances are just as strong.

Nicholson has been memorable as the lead or the supporting role, has been incredible in various dramatic roles as well as comedic roles. Those are two things Day Lewis hasn't done, as great as he is.
            I'm gonna watch both tonight after Shameless. I'll give an honest review of what I thought of the movies and the acting.

I won't BS you, and say he was just alright. I'll give you my honest opinion.

Comment

Let me put it to you this way.....

Sean Penn has played everything from a raging stoner surfer bro to a cold blooded southern killer who's going to be executed.

Both resume's are GREAT, but Penn has the better range. That edge goes to Penn. Both are in my Top 10 though.
              People tend to forget Denzel's range extends to stage and classical roles. He's a Tony winning stage actor, whose played everything from Othello, Julius Ceasar and Richard III in his career. I think being able to play pretty much every role in Shakespeare's canon on the live stage is probably a bit more of an impressive showing of range than being able to play a stoner.

Comment

Denzel TKO7 over Penn.

Comment

Working...
                X