No announcement yet.

Sean Penn vs Denzel Washington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    P.S. literally any actor can pull this scene off. Literally any actor.

THIS is acting. Disappointment, restraint, bewilderment, subtle facial expressions, eye contact, the whole nine.

Sean Penn was literally just exploding and screaming. Even Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill could pull that scene off.
    Lol you asked for specific scenes I posted several I'm not going to spend more time searching on Youtube it's pointless. There are plenty of great scenes in Mystic River, watch it.

As I stated, Malcolm X was by far Denzel's best performance. He also happened to be the perfect actor to play him. I really don't see much range in his movies he's typically always the same strong character in every film. He's never transformed himself andstepped outside of the box like Penn has. Pick any Denzel movie and you pretty much know what kind of character he'll be.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      He's never transformed himself andstepped outside of the box like Penn has.
      THAT DOES NOT EQUAL GREAT ACTING. Denzel could probably play a 40 year old ****** just as well as Sean Penn, except he's a handsome black guy. How in the hell would that work?

That's not the end all be all to range. Range can be shown in one scene. One movie. It doesn't just mean you play a cop one movie, and a jewish lawyer the next. That means you're playing a cop in one movie, and a lawyer in the other movie. That doesn't mean you transitioned from mad to happy to shocked to nervous to disgusted in one scene.

And how is Denzel the same in Malcolm X to Training Day to He got game? He's so subtle it's brilliant. You interpret that as the same guy, because you're focusing on Denzel, and not the content.

He doesn't have to play a ****** in order to show his range.
      Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 03-08-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Sean penn is a know it all cvnt sore.

Comment

Very close but Denzel edges it for me

Comment

THIS is acting. THIS is range. Denzel doesn't have to play a 40 year old ****** to show his range.

Man, that was harsh! Just a little bit...

Comment

THIS is acting. THIS is range. Denzel doesn't have to play a 40 year old ****** to show his range.
              He most likely isn't capable. He would probably turn down such a role and be some kind of bad ass cop or a role where he could act serious, something where he could just be himself.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He most likely isn't capable. He would probably turn down such a role and be some kind of bad ass cop or a role where he could act serious, something where he could just be himself.
                Give him 6 months of diving into the character, and he'd have it down pat. He'd put "Radio" to shame.

Comment

Both overrated. Day-Lewis KTFO both these clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
                    Both overrated. Day-Lewis KTFO both these clowns.
                    Overrated? Lewis is the SRR of acting. Just because they're not on his level, it doesn't mean they're overrated, ya bum.

Comment

Let me put it to you this way.....

Sean Penn has played everything from a raging stoner surfer bro to a cold blooded southern killer who's going to be executed.

Both resume's are GREAT, but Penn has the better range. That edge goes to Penn. Both are in my Top 10 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X