Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sean Penn vs Denzel Washington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are badazz but when it comes to acting and getting into different characters i'd go with Penn. he can do different acting especially with the I Am Sam movie while Denzel only acts Denzel "my man"

Comment

Originally posted by Nooblet View Post
      Both are badazz but when it comes to acting and getting into different characters i'd go with Penn. he can do different acting especially with the I Am Sam movie while Denzel only acts Denzel "my man"
      Can Penn play the everyday man that isn't either a rebel or a an over the top character? Can he be subtle?

Can he play a father that's cool, calm, and collected? Or does have to play the over the top bad ass dad that's the protector?

Could he play Robert Deniro's role in A Bronx Tale? Denzel could.

Apples and oranges. People forget Much ado about nothing when it comes to Denzel.

Can Sean Penn slam a phone in one shot, then try his hardest to bring that energy back and collect his thoughts like in Malcom X?

Denzel is so underrated by internet critics.

Comment

Penn and it isn't really close.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Penn and it isn't really close.

What's Sean Penn's best scene in a movie, and what's Denzel's? If it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            What's Sean Penn's best scene in a movie, and what's Denzel's? If it's not even close.
            Penn's entire performance in Mystic River was amazing. Acting at it's finest:

His role in The Assassination of Richard Nixon:

His role's in "Milk" and "Carlito's Way" really show his range:

Denzel, his best performance by far was Malcolm X. Other than that he's mostly always "Denzel" in every movie he plays, although recently he stepped out of the box a bit in "Flight" in which I thought he did a great job.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 03-08-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Denzel, his best performance by far was Malcolm X. Other than that he's mostly always "Denzel" in every movie he plays.
              Yeah I got to give it to Penn... Now gandolfini against penn against Phillip seymore Hoffman is a good one...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                Denzel Washington is better by a billion light years.

Sean Penn is ugly and a mediocre actor. That being said, he was perfect for his role as the murderer in the movie Dead Man Walking.
                Explain why. Like I said above, Denzel is typically always Denzel in movies. He doesn't have much range at all.

Comment

Denzel, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                    Denzel has charisma, Penn has NONE whatsoever.

Denzel has a lot of range, he can play a good, decent guy as in Fallen or a heartless villain as in Training Day.

Sean Penn is only good as a creep as in Dead Man Walking.
                    Charisma? Lol it's clear you just don't like Penn the person.

Denzel playing a good guy or a bad guy it's the same character! It's always Denzel being Denzel.

Comment

Denzel, his best performance by far was Malcolm X. Other than that he's mostly always "Denzel" in every movie he plays, although recently he stepped out of the box a bit in "Flight" in which I thought he did a great job.
                      Hold up. Denzel is the same in every movie, and Sean Penn isn't?

Oh wow, he played a ****** and a Jew lawyer in Carlito's Way, such range.

You know why Denzel's not playing ******s and weirdos? Because he's a handsome black guy. It wouldn't work.

I asked for specific scenes, and you give me whole movies.

I can name a bunch of specific scenes of Denzel off the top of my head, because those scenes in it of itself are so powerful.

And we're talking range, but not range in movies. How about Denzel going from Malcolm Little to Malcolm X.

Comment

Working...
                      X