Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Mayor; Greed is Good, some people are not clever enough to succeed in life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    With his hair and the way he said it, it looks like SNL parody video.

And what's with all these Mayor's in the news recently. One character after another emerges.
    He is Mayor of the greatest city in the world and probably the most popular politician (sadly) in the UK and well known. He is not some crack addict from a second rate city in Canada.

More help needs to be given to people who want it and strive to improve.. but lazy ****in bottom feeders who have no aspirations in life deserve nothing.. in fact the benefits they happily stay on are far to much imo.. i earn a fair amount around average in the uk £30k a year.. work hard for it and for my age isn't bad. But some people can sit at home get rent paid and have the cash to take there 8 kids on holiday...

My Dad was from a council estate.. managed to drag himself up after his dad died when he was around 10-11.. and go to cambridge uni and eventually get a great job with pfizer and now lives in America. Why the hell should he be taxed and lose more money for his sacrifices to supplement lazy ****in ****s

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      He is Mayor of the greatest city in the world and probably the most popular politician (sadly) in the UK and well known. He is not some crack addict from a second rate city in Canada.

More help needs to be given to people who want it and strive to improve.. but lazy ****in bottom feeders who have no aspirations in life deserve nothing.. in fact the benefits they happily stay on are far to much imo.. i earn a fair amount around average in the uk £30k a year.. work hard for it and for my age isn't bad. But some people can sit at home get rent paid and have the cash to take there 8 kids on holiday...

My Dad was from a council estate.. managed to drag himself up after his dad died when he was around 10-11.. and go to cambridge uni and eventually get a great job with pfizer and now lives in America. Why the hell should he be taxed and lose more money for his sacrifices to supplement lazy ****in ****s
      second rate city in Canada? lol! we got a crack head running the biggest city in Canada but we ain't broke. the only thing i have seen is the british pound diminish since the mid 2000s. Canada has done pretty good through all these tough economic times while the majority of other countries have not. 30000 pounds\year? you can make that in 6 months working 4 days\week here & if you don't make 30000pounds(45000-47000 Canadian)in 6 months here in Canada then you have no one to blame but yourself for shooting so low. 75% of university degrees are as good as toilet paper in this world especially in Canada. to call toronto or any city in Canada 2nd rate is pretty sad considering that we have a pretty strong economy & most of Europe & other regions in the world are failing...oil, free healthcare, gas, water, lumber, livestock, fishing, 75% of the world's potash comes from Saskatchewan. potash is used in fertilizer, etc.. we do alright & we have leeches who burden the system as well...
      Last edited by joe strong; 11-30-2013, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        The top 1% own 40% of all the wealth in America

The bottom 80% own 7% of all the wealth in America

Nuff Sed.
        I bet the American mayor of the American city of London, England is thoroughly shaken by this statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          second rate city in Canada? lol! we got a crack head running the biggest city in Canada but we ain't broke. the only thing i have seen is the british pound diminish since the mid 2000s.
          Actually it has seen a resurgence against the Canadian dollar, the US dollar and the Euro in the last two years. Toronto is a second rate city. Think about what you would class as a first rate city, you're thinking of New York, LA, Paris, London, Tokyo maybe Chicago on a good day. Toronto doesn't figure.

Comment

By the way Boris Johnson is the son of a politician and employee of the World Bank and the grandson of a Barrister. He also quit his consultancy job he got upon leaving Oxford University after a week because it was boring.

I'm not sure he's somebody from whom you want to take advice about hard work.

Comment

Greed runs the world... where's the news here? Of course it's unpopular to state the evident in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Actually it has seen a resurgence against the Canadian dollar, the US dollar and the Euro in the last two years. Toronto is a second rate city. Think about what you would class as a first rate city, you're thinking of New York, LA, Paris, London, Tokyo maybe Chicago on a good day. Toronto doesn't figure.
                i'm Canadian & i like toronto so i was insulted i guess. i work hard & canada has glorious opportunities that most countries don't have. those cities are just bigger. i guess if you want to pay $60 for a blade steak with no garnish in Tokyo then be my guest. i'm going to go out on a limb & say you are white collar? that's is not directed at you as an insult just an assumption. i'm a blue collar drifter & have a different idea of world class city i guess.

Comment

Edmonton is a 2nd class city! yes lots of work here but thankfully our city council is like john candy's sctv character "johnnie larue" when he runs for mayor. with all their light in the loafers artsy ideas they keep us ironworkers employed locally with their dream projects of art museums, winter festivals, etc. they want to make bike lanes here when we have a foot of snow & ice on the ground 6 months\year. we can't even fix the roads quick enough with temperature change. sand & salt on the roads year round. toronto is 1st class compared to Edmonton. Edmonton is blue collar & many boomers here chasing money from all over the world. no one cares about museums & Edmonton's history. toronto is heaven compared to here. crime rate is huge here... i'd live in toronto if there was as much work there for me as there is here.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 11-30-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    i'm Canadian & i like toronto so i was insulted i guess. i work hard & canada has glorious opportunities that most countries don't have. those cities are just bigger. i guess if you want to pay $60 for a blade steak with no garnish in Tokyo then be my guest. i'm going to go out on a limb & say you are white collar? that's is not directed at you as an insult just an assumption. i'm a blue collar drifter & have a different idea of world class city i guess.
                    I live in Toronto and know London England quite well. There's no comparison between the two. I like Toronto but first class city? Be realistic. The colour of my collar has nothing to do with it.

Comment

I live in Toronto and know London England quite well. There's no comparison between the two. I like Toronto but first class city? Be realistic. The colour of my collar has nothing to do with it.
                      i'm not familiar with London. why is London & these other cities 1st class? because the rich live there? they are bigger but what makes them so much better then toronto? better soccer? better fashion? i guess i'm not understanding what makes a city first or second class. i understand many celebrities live in these cities but is that what makes them better then the rest?
                      Last edited by joe strong; 11-30-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X