Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Mayor; Greed is Good, some people are not clever enough to succeed in life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    The top 1% own 40% of all the wealth in America

The bottom 80% own 7% of all the wealth in America

Nuff Sed.
    Yes and the bottom 80% are hired into slavery like jobs with hardly any time off and then price gouged into an endless cycle of being worked into the ground. it's a miserable existience

Comment

Nuff Sed.
      Legit if you are in that 1%. Then its time.

Comment

Great shame these comments.

I disagree because I don't place as much weight on IQ tests as he clearly does.

It's a measuring stick which many don't come out high but have talents, morals, commitment, drive, unique skills to do very well compared with some with higher IQ's that do not possess some of those things.

So his logic is fundamentally flawed as a generic rule of thumb application.

Comment

Nuff Sed.

is everybody fit to own property and run industry?

is that possible?

the answer to both questions is no.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            i'm not familiar with London. why is London & these other cities 1st class? because the rich live there? they are bigger but what makes them so much better then toronto? better soccer? better fashion? i guess i'm not understanding what makes a city first or second class. i understand many celebrities live in these cities but is that what makes them better then the rest?
            One of the things that Toronto does is repeatedly have Councillors insisting that Toronto is a world class city. London never says that. Paris never says that. They already know that they are.

London is a seat of culture, of commerce, of sports for the entire country. It has a rich history, dozens of museums and galleries, many stadia, it's the spiritual home of world football, world tennis, world cricket and world rugby and also the seat of the most well known and regarded monarchies still in existence.

Toronto? One decent stadium, one utterly ridiculous stadium, one overpriced museum on a par with that of Manchester yet with an unjustifiably high entrance fee, one overpriced art gallery... the zoo is quite good though.

Do you think the Eaton centre really compares with Oxford Street? That Mirvish Theatres are a patch on London's West End? Do you think Toronto's High Park compares to London's Hyde Park or that the awful scabby little green spaces like Allen Gardens, Moss Park or Trinity Square have anything to compare to some of the London parks like Wimbledon Common or St James' Park?

And the transit. Oh my, let's talk about the transit. London has affordable and comprehensive mass transit spanning 11 lines and 270 stations. The TTC has three lines, one of which is ageing and needs upgrading and another never had much of a ridership to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I love Toronto, and I would choose it over London as a place to live. But Toronto being discussed along with New York or Paris or London? Yer avin a lorf, intcha?

Comment

This man is a ****, an elitist ****. I'm sure if you asked the half million people who used soup kitchens and food aid in this country if capatalism works they would say no.

Comment

Nuff Sed.
                Ummmm.....so?

Comment

Originally posted by big paulie View Post
                  This man is a ****, an elitist ****. I'm sure if you asked the half million people who used soup kitchens and food aid in this country if capatalism works they would say no.
                  Unless you asked them while Jeremy Kyle was on, then they wouldn't answer you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    Great shame these comments.

I disagree because I don't place as much weight on IQ tests as he clearly does.

It's a measuring stick which many don't come out high but have talents, morals, commitment, drive, unique skills to do very well compared with some with higher IQ's that do not possess some of those things.

So his logic is fundamentally flawed as a generic rule of thumb application.

Comment

ever seen a rich person tip good at a restaurant?

the rich are rich because they are selfish, cheap and greedy.

Comment

Working...
                      X