Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nowadays i think the biggest enemy of christianity is..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
    I don't get what point you're trying to make. Are you trying to convince me that your entire existence is a lie?

That all of your thoughts and experiences, feelings and memories are meaningless imaginations because they can't be fully diagrammed and mapped by science?

The fool who fears his own confusion can be considered wise
    I am saying that your comment "Spirituality is the mastery of self, the realization that the Universe outside of ourselves is only a reflection of the universe within." is woo woo. Did you watch the video? Chopra goes on this ridiculous rant about absolutely NOTHING, and one of the scientists replies 'THAT is the very embodiment of woo-woo' @ 2:50.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

Thread shot down.
    It's the same for all religion. Islam actually teaches NOT to ask questions ROFL... I mean really... anything THAT weak... THAT insecure, deserves to be destroyed. The Abrahamic religions have always been their own worst enemies because they put themselves on a pedestal, claim to be THE truth (the only truth), and say all non-believers are going to burn in hell for eternity when they die. Common sense is to ask questions. This is why children have to be indoctrinated with their parents beliefs. Children will believe absolutely anything, because their minds haven't fully developed.

Religion is the easiest thing to form an argument against. It's so transparent.

Comment

congratulations to righteous for understanding God, life and the universe...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
        look man i'm not saying i'm special, i'm saying you're foolish to believe you are not, and a coward if you're not fighting to prove you are.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-25-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            look man i'm not saying i'm special, i'm saying you're foolish to believe you are not, and a coward if you're not fighting to prove you are.
            Originally posted by takingaim View Post
            my apologies for taking a swipe at UG... i luv the guy...

anyways, I'm just happy to inhabit a world that has things that are unknowable, are already known, and that can be known... the mix is just perfect...

a world where things are unknowable through human thought isn't a place for organisms with higher faculties like us...

a world where things are already known on the other hand is as boring and predictable like mayweather-baldomir...

now, with the world we are in now... its just perfect...

now, with regards to the topic at hand, teaching and inculcating hate to kids is just plain bad parenting IMHO...

Comment

Any bible follower knows that God burned Sodom and Gommarah for this reason. 2 men werent meant to be with each other period.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                2 men werent meant to be with each other period.
                And what happens if two men go with each other?

Comment

And what happens if two men go with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    Hell... the response I expected.

Now I'd like you to provide proof that 'hell' exists.

Comment

Hell... the response I expected.

Now I'd like you to provide proof that 'hell' exists.
                      Provide with proof it doesnt. We are all programmed to know the difference between right and wrong. Most people ignore the warnings all their life and before they know it their life flashes before them. They they wish they would of done things differently

Comment

Working...
                      X