Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much $ Did You Spend On Your Wedding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
    around $5000 ( Year 2001 )
    whoa howd u pull that off for 5g's what was the location and details?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Mine wasn't very expensive which was good because back then money was tighter. We used a large rec room at a large townhouse community which was free, we knew people to do the food, the wedding cake, the dress etc.
      yeah that sounds like you guys did it smart. why not use all your connections for everything.

How much did yours come out to because pretty much the venue and food is what kills you.

I'm looking at a few lounges to rent out and they are asking for about $7,000 to $10,000 to rent. It includes a buffet but probably not cake or alcohol or entertainment.

I was thinking about getting a DJ or live band as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        I'm getting married in about 6 months. We are looking to spend 10k in Saint Augustine. Maybe 40-50 people (just family and close friends).

We are getting our cake from Publix and I'm going to ask my mom to do the photography. She's into that stuff. She did our engagement photos a couple weeks back.
        Nice St. Augustine Florida right?

I never been but its a beach town on the coast right? So the view should be excellent for you guys. 50 people for $10,000 sounds like a good deal. Does it include food, alcohol, entertainment as well? Are you gonna do it in a banquet hall or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          whoa howd u pull that off for 5g's what was the location and details?
          Its a lot cheaper here in the Philippines.

Its a church wedding and reception was in a 2 star hotel already. up to 100 guests.

Comment

yeah that sounds like you guys did it smart. why not use all your connections for everything.

How much did yours come out to because pretty much the venue and food is what kills you.

I'm looking at a few lounges to rent out and they are asking for about $7,000 to $10,000 to rent. It includes a buffet but probably not cake or alcohol or entertainment.

I was thinking about getting a DJ or live band as well.
            It only came out to about 3-4 hundred dollars. I guess we could have went into debt making it fancier but we both decided the marriage would no better if we spent a fortune or if we didn't. Anyways we both agreed there were better things we would rather do with the money. All these years later we are still happy and honestly the wedding ceremony really had nothing to do with this.

But if it is important to her, you should do it. Same if it is important to the parents on either side. Hopefully they might help with the expenses if it means that much to them. Remember though, if they put up the money they also get the control. Something you don't want to give too much of to inlaws unless you have to.
            Last edited by TBear; 11-25-2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

People that I know here in the UK spend between £15-30K.

Comment

Where the hell are some of you guys living?

What is the number of people are you inviting? What is the bar and food package? Are you cooking your own food? etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  I don't believe in the institution of marriage (mostly due to the way in which divorce laws favor women in the event of a very likely collapse), so this will (thankfully) never be a problem of mine.
                  Until you fall head over heels for a woman that wants to get marry with you and next thing you know all your savings are spent on rings.

Comment

13K? sounds like u knew exactly what u wanted for that price. Where did you have it at like a restaurant party room or something? What was the details? I think you are in NY right? I'd imagine ish is even more expensive there huh? thats great u made 1/2 the $ back in gifts and money you invited the right people huh.

weddings average 50-75 grand in new york, according to a quick internet search.

crazy.

Comment

anybody else having a hard time using bscene today? it's going slow as molasses for me, and was over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X