Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much $ Did You Spend On Your Wedding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    around $13,000...

I invited only family and close friends only, one of my friends is professional photographer so that was his gift (saved a couple thousands in that) at the end of it all it was a very simple but unforgettable night.

We got half of it back in envelopes and gifts.
    13K? sounds like u knew exactly what u wanted for that price. Where did you have it at like a restaurant party room or something? What was the details? I think you are in NY right? I'd imagine ish is even more expensive there huh? thats great u made 1/2 the $ back in gifts and money you invited the right people huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      $0.

We went to the courthouse and, in the words of Bruce Springsteen, "man, that was all she wrote".
      Yeah I was actually thinking of just eloping cuz i cant stand alot of fake friends and lot of my cousins piss me off lol.

you had to pay the filing or registration fee right? and for the priest right?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        120 grand?

what the fEck?

you could literally buy the couple a house with that money in some states, or put a down payment on one hell of a palace. we're just now getting out of a down housing market.

talk about irrational.

120 grand? in money? for one day?

holy guacamole. those people better have more money than they knwo what to do with, or that better be the best p*ssy of all time. in reality, they're probably not all that well off, and she's probably overweight.
        Well to keep it 100, I was a bit concerned for my boy cuz he doesnt make that much only like 48K a year. I don't know how much she makes but shes a corporate executive downtown so I assume she makes like six figures. Shes really dominant and bossy and my friends really easy and passive so I guess thats how that relationship works? She is older like 40 and he was 35 when they got married. and no your are right she wasn't exactly in the best shape of her life but then again she was already 40.

The wedding was insane they rented out an old classic historical landmark building and went all out decorating it just the way she wanted it. Hired a cheesy pop band and top notch caterer. I dont think its worth 120K but what is worth 120K?

I think all weddings are a total sham and the really bridal divas try to act like they are a big millionaire celeb for them and their family and friends just to show off? The whole thing is ******ed and a total scam I agree

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          LOL @ anyone spending 40k+ unless they are making big bank

Wouldn;t spend more then 15k anyway..

Only want close family and friends.. Day is for me and my girl/wife

Not some phaggots i hardly know
          Exactly Weddings are such as SCAM! but my families pressuring me to get married soon lol.

They look down upon me for still going to the bars and hooking up with 21 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            Well to keep it 100, I was a bit concerned for my boy cuz he doesnt make that much only like 48K a year. I don't know how much she makes but shes a corporate executive downtown so I assume she makes like six figures. Shes really dominant and bossy and my friends really easy and passive so I guess thats how that relationship works? She is older like 40 and he was 35 when they got married. and no your are right she wasn't exactly in the best shape of her life but then again she was already 40.

The wedding was insane they rented out an old classic historical landmark building and went all out decorating it just the way she wanted it. Hired a cheesy pop band and top notch caterer. I dont think its worth 120K but what is worth 120K?

I think all weddings are a total sham and the really bridal divas try to act like they are a big millionaire celeb for them and their family and friends just to show off? The whole thing is ******ed and a total scam I agree
            She's an executive, bro. She has an image and reputation to protect. Her political capital is as important as her actual ability and worth.

I think I'll be in a similar situation. Going to have to go balls out at wedding to impress future compatriots and employers.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              I don't believe in the institution of marriage (mostly due to the way in which divorce laws favor women in the event of a very likely collapse), so this will (thankfully) never be a problem of mine.
              I don't believe in it anymore either. Especially since lot of my friends and family are divorced and see how bad their lives went down the ****ter!

how old r u bro? I'm now in my mid 30's. My family and friends all kinda either look down up me or secretly envy me since i still go to bars and hook up with hot college chicks still lol.

But i'll proper have to tapper down soon since my younger cousins are even getting married and having kids already lol.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                She's an executive, bro. She has an image and reputation to protect. Her political capital is as important as her actual ability and worth.

I think I'll be in a similar situation. Going to have to go balls out at wedding to impress future compatriots and employers.
                really how is your situation similar can you elaborate? so you are saying you have to throw down 100K plus too on your wedding?

Comment

around $5000 ( Year 2001 )

Comment

Mine wasn't very expensive which was good because back then money was tighter. We used a large rec room at a large townhouse community which was free, we knew people to do the food, the wedding cake, the dress etc.

Comment

I'm getting married in about 6 months. We are looking to spend 10k in Saint Augustine. Maybe 40-50 people (just family and close friends).

We are getting our cake from Publix and I'm going to ask my mom to do the photography. She's into that stuff. She did our engagement photos a couple weeks back.

Comment

Working...
                      X