No announcement yet.

Official 2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    Jordan got 6 rings and he makes the players around him better, Kobe doesn't make the players around him better, he just makes himself better, Basketball is a team sport, Not a Me sport. MJ Team, Kobe Me.
    So having one less ring than Jordan means you can't make others better?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Oh hell no. Duncan has the stats, the awards, the consistency, I'd take him over Kobe in a heartbeat, whether it's career or prime for prime. Give me prime Tim Duncan and I don't need much to win a title. Give me prime Kobe and I still have to put a lot around him.

I can't believe people forgot that Tim Duncan was the Spurs team for those first 3 titles. He carried them, everything revolved around him. Has Kobe ever had a team that revolved around him?
      Who do you think the alpha dog was on the Lakers last 2 championship teams?LMAO @ Duncan not needing elite talent. Tim has played with excellent players his whole career. Robinson, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Elliott, Horry, etc. are just average players give me a break

Comment

• I can't believe how some people under rate Kobe. Before he got hurt he was an elite player and MVP candidate. Tim Duncan is nowhere near the player he once was. Kobe> Duncan and Shaq

Comment

Jordan got 6 rings and he makes the players around him better, Kobe doesn't make the players around him better, he just makes himself better, Basketball is a team sport, Not a Me sport. MJ Team, Kobe Me.
          Jordan has absolutely ZERO to do with ANYTHING that's been discussed here, LOL

I said Kobe is the best player of his era. Kobe and Jordan played in different eras. So I don't get bringing up Jordan at all.....????

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
            So having one less ring than Jordan means you can't make others better?
            No, Kobe is a Ballhog, MJ Distributed the ball.

Comment

What does that mean? "Makes teammates better".

Can you explain how exactly MJ made them better?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Oh hell no. Duncan has the stats, the awards, the consistency, I'd take him over Kobe in a heartbeat, whether it's career or prime for prime. Give me prime Tim Duncan and I don't need much to win a title. Give me prime Kobe and I still have to put a lot around him.

I can't believe people forgot that Tim Duncan was the Spurs team for those first 3 titles. He carried them, everything revolved around him. Has Kobe ever had a team that revolved around him?
                I don't see the comparison is consistency of production.....Kone was consistently for 13-14 years putting up monster numbers. Duncan has fallen off significantly the last 4-5 years, and hasn't dropped a 20-10 average since 2007. Kobe has 1 more year than Duncan as an All NBA defender and All NBA first team.

I can't believe people act like Tim never played with David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, and players of that caliber his whole career. The Spurs consistently have deep deep deep teams. You guys are trippin' acting like Duncan was some lone wolf of any Spurs team. He was the best player on those earlier titles, but he for sure had great talent around him as well.

I don't wanna hear any argument about MVP's either. Kobe should/could have won MVP in 2003, 2006, or 2007 in addition to his 2008 MVP. The reason is easy for a lot of you guys to say Duncan over Kobe now is because everyone not a Lakers fan hates Kobe Bryant, and Duncan is the model for a great guy.

Your argument that you don't need to put a lot around him to win is ridiculous. Duncan was the best player on the 99 team, but you guys act like Robinson wasn't still putting up 15-10, Avery Johnson was solid dropping 12-7 in the playoffs. That 03 team was deep too. Duncan again was the best player. But you guys like Tony Parker, Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen weren't there??? Parker and Jackson would go on to be even better, but they sure weren't scrubs at all that year. (Hey CUTTHROAT, you said Parker was getting benched for Avery Johnson in 2003....Avery wasn't on the 03 team). And obviously the 2005 and 2007 titles, he had Ginobli and Parker in top form. And this year, Duncan sure wasn't the best player on that team. Leonard took over in the finals, and there was still Parker and Ginobli playing well.

So this myth that's been started in this thread that you don't need talent around Duncan to win is ludicrous. And I don't remember a Kobe Laker team winning 61 games and getting bounced by the 8 seed Grizzlies in the first round the way San Antonio was a few years ago.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 06-16-2014, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• How about this: Tim Duncan is a beast, Kobe is a beast, both guys have equally dominated in the same era but in different ways. Kobe has 5 rings and played spectacular in all of those wins, and Duncan has 5 rings of his own all while being on a team that hasn't had less than 50 wins since he got there.

Comment

No, Kobe is a Ballhog, MJ Distributed the ball.
                    Right, because having half of an assist less than MJ career-wise means Kobe is the ballhog and MJ is the distributor. Now it all makes sense

Comment

• Congrats to the SPURS!!! Congrats to MVP Kawhi Leonard!!! And Congrats to Tim Duncan for yet ANOTHER great year!!! Tim Duncan is just spectacular, 38 years old and still doing it big. Tim Duncan's definitely the best player of his era.
                      Last edited by UTEP; 06-16-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X