Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 shot in Chicago park, including 3 year old.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    If only that kid had a gun, this never would have happened
    I often wonder if criminals knew citizens were armed if that would deter crime.
    Like people wouldn't randomly shoot up parks because they feared they would get a bullet or two back for their troubles.

Or if that would just cause complete chaos like the wild west and it would be even more dangerous for normal people going about their lives.

Concealed carry has never been an option in chicago so it's hard to tell if it would have that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Like people wouldn't randomly shoot up parks because they feared they would get a bullet or two back for their troubles.

Or if that would just cause complete chaos like the wild west and it would be even more dangerous for normal people going about their lives.

Concealed carry has never been an option in chicago so it's hard to tell if it would have that effect.
      The problem is that some of the places where these mass shootings have happened, there were people with guns, even guards in place.

It's one thing to own a gun, and dream of being Rambo. Another thing is the reality is being involved in a shootout and skill, courage to put your life in danger when something like that happens.

One of the biggest fantasies the gun nuts have is that they will pull out a gun and save the day. When in reality, that hardly ever happens and when a person does do that, it's repeated over and over but it's still rare.

More guns don't equal safety. More guns just mean more people with machines that can kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        If only that kid had a gun, this never would have happened

If guns were allowed in the Washington Navy Yard 12 people wouldn't of been murdered

that's more realistic

Comment

I think the main problem in Chicago is that these are mostly gang bangers involved in these kinds of shootings. These guys just go back and forth shooting at each other and civilians get caught in the middle. I would not want some random guy pulling out a gun in a park and returning fire. Any one who has shot a hand gun knows how hard it is to shot a running target more then 10 meters away. The most likely scenerio would be the guy returning fire would miss and hit more random people in the area. This just happened with a couple cops in NYC last week aiming at a suspect, missing and hitting 2 women instead

Comment

Perhaps the Chicago government should pass out flyers reminding everyone that they have strict gun control there?
            Last edited by ~AK49~; 09-20-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

If everyone had guns at all times it would create a shoot or be shot attitude. There'd be no arguments anymore just bodies.

Comment

i blame chapo guzman and the u.s. government.

when the Flores brothers who were aligned with chapo guzman got arrested it left a power vacuum in the streets of chicago.

Comment

I feel americans these days dont kill enough people by the dozens.

Comment

If I was in Chicago, I would open up funeral homes ..job security is def at an all time there i bet.

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                      If I was in Chicago, I would open up funeral homes ..job security is def at an all time there i bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X