Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trading my Galaxy S4 for an Iphone 5...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
    I'm a blackberry guy, so I am a newbie to these discussions. What problems does the iPhone have? I was thinking of getting a new iPhone.
    It doesn't have any problems, it is an actually well engineered product that is very user friendly. But you have to hook it up to I tunes in order to down load any song, video, etc and updates. The android devices you just do it without connecting, it has a memory card and you can switch the battery yourself.

It is a matter of taste but I find the I-phone to restrictive

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Ok, traded the s4 for the HTC one. I want to kill myself now. This is garbage compared to the s4. It's not a horrible phone, but after you've had an s4, the differences are crazy.
      Wtf? Didn't you just say earlier today that the S4 with Nova launcher was the greatest phone in the world?

Comment

The differences between the S4 and HTC one are so minimal, and if you use a launcher even more so. I kind of wanted the HTC one cause of the case, but it didnt come to verizon forever. Has it yet?

I think Bungalow is talking out his ass. Too many Floydesque contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Yes....the iPhone is all around better than any android phone. It's also NOT made of plastic like those piece of crap phone running on android. Good choice...I have the black iPhone 5. Love it!
          The thing people continually fail to realize about the whole iphone vs android debate is that the iphone is part of an ecosystem. iMessage, iCloud, notes, safari, everything apple is interconnected. Every single day I am texting people pictures by dragging them from my web browser to imessage on my macbook. I couldn't do that with a Galaxy.

Its actually frustrating when dealing with the few people I know that actual use android devices, because I actually have to pick up my phone to text them and send them photos and what not. The beauty of the iPhone is that you don't HAVE to use it... you can use ANY of your apple devices to do basically everything you can do on your phone, and you will have it all on your phone for when ever you are inbetween devices. Its just seamless.

I tried a Galaxy because I was curious. It was just not worth it. Hardware wise, the Galaxy is better. People knock it for being plastic, but the iPhone 4 shattering every time you dropped it was pretty ******ed. They learned with the 5 though, and made it much more durable, but a plastic outer shell like with the 3gs would still be nice so that you don't HAVE to have a case.

Other than that, the ecosystem of Apple just runs circles around android because of the way it integrates with literally everything apple.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Ok, traded the s4 for the HTC one. I want to kill myself now. This is garbage compared to the s4. It's not a horrible phone, but after you've had an s4, the differences are crazy.
            At this point you just have ants in your pants...

Why did you trade after you moved to Nova Launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerBenz95 View Post
              Wtf? Didn't you just say earlier today that the S4 with Nova launcher was the greatest phone in the world?
              When I made the thread, I was only getting offers for iPhone 5s. I really wanted to trade for a HTC one. The ****** that I traded with said his phone was basically mint condition with minor scratches. I drive 30 minutes to get to him, wait another 15 minutes in the parking lot, because he's running late for the 3rd ****in time (we werw supposed to meet at 130, but the guy tells me 3 separate times, "can you give me 30 minutes?"

Drives up in an m3, Indian guy, looks and seems legit when he gets in the car. I see him holding the HTC one case, and get excited. Takes the phone out, and the top 2 corners are busted, the entire beats logo on the back looks super faded from palm sweat. Scratches on multiple spots on the phone.

I drove and waited this long, I said **** it, "gimme 30 cash on top of the trade and we have a deal. Originally I told him 10 bucks just for gas money. I tested it out a little. Mainly just tested that the Sim card and Google accounts was working. If my Samsung headset would work on the HTC. How loud the phone was, etc.

Get home, play with the browser, set up my bookmarks. Boxingscene is one of my bookmarks on the browser. I click on it from the bookmarks spot and it takes like 6 ****in hours to load the "NSB boxing forums".

Later realize, Chrome is much faster, but the scrolling on chrome is like fitting a square peg in a circle slot, if you get the analogy. It just feels like it wants to jerk right, when you scroll left, etc.

I later unlock the boot loader and root the phone to see if that fixes the browser, and misc. things I don't like about the phone, kind of like, when you want to watch a video link in the browser, if you press "play online", **** takes forever.

I flash "Android Revolution HD", and I want to give the developer a huge hug. Literally everything I wasn't liking about the phone is fixed the moment I boot up my new phone.

In conclusion, HTC one with Android Revolution HD flashed is the shiznit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                The differences between the S4 and HTC one are so minimal, and if you use a launcher even more so. I kind of wanted the HTC one cause of the case, but it didnt come to verizon forever. Has it yet?

I think Bungalow is talking out his ass. Too many Floydesque contradictions.
                Nah son. When you compare a stock HTC one to s4, s4 hands down.

Eevrything on the stock s4 runs smoother in terms of browsing, and even YouTube app loads 2-3 seconds faster.

The browsing is also jerky jerky if you use chrome or another browser app.

Once rooted, the HTC one isa monster.

P.s. battery on this phone is hot garbage, and the signal was hot trash until I flashed a custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  At this point you just have ants in your pants...

Why did you trade after you moved to Nova Launcher?
                  Exactly. I had ants in my pants. I got so thirsty to try another different type of phone, I didn't realize how damn perfect I had it.

But, a rooted HTC one rivals a rooted s4.

Its just a pain in the ass to unlock the boot loader and root the ONE.

Comment

Last thing I hated about stock HTC. Scrolling the comments on YouTube app and scrolling in general on certain browsers, sites was a *****. It wants to to scroll down so fast, that when you gently scroll, its jerky and stops too soon. Hard to explain.

I'm not advertising this ROM, but yes I am. Android revolution is the mutha ****in bomb son.

Comment

Im thinking of trading gold, for copper.

Dont do it

Comment

Working...
                      X