Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trading my Galaxy S4 for an Iphone 5...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about Nova prime;

i installed it and love it but the only thing holding me back for using it as my true default is that my texts dont show notifications

the text icon doesn't show that i have unread messages...i have to actually click into the icon to see that i have messages...that's why im still using Touchwiz

how do i fix it so that my default launcher is Nova...please advise, Droid freaks

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      question about Nova prime;

i installed it and love it but the only thing holding me back for using it as my true default is that my texts dont show notifications

the text icon doesn't show that i have unread messages...i have to actually click into the icon to see that i have messages...that's why im still using Touchwiz

how do i fix it so that my default launcher is Nova...please advise, Droid freaks
      Wow, I never noticed that until I read your post. You're right, I have no idea how to change that. I'm normally on the phone, so I know exactly when a message pops up, or my phone is off, and I can see the blue light blinking, and when you turn the screen on, you always have those notifications on the screen, before you swipe to unlock the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        When it's not rooted, it lags like no one's business. I also don't want a phone that random reboots when I have a custom kernel on my phone.

I'm not trashing the S4, I just want a new experience.

I'VE NEVER OWNED AN IPHONE. I want to join the darkside for a few months to a year. Then I could just change it afterwards.
        Apparently the S4 is the fastest smartphone ever and I have read a few times that tests were done and it is twice as fast as the iPhone 5.

Add that to the fact that the battery life is better than on the iPhone and you can do far more on it than you can on the iPhone (which is very limited) I know what I would be doing if I was you

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          If you have lag on your s4, then something is wrong with your phone in general, not the S4.

Myself and 3 of my friends have the s4. No such thing as lag.
          I was just about to mention this too. If you phone is lagging and rebooting then you need a replacement.

The S4 is far better than the iPhone 5

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Wow, I never noticed that until I read your post. You're right, I have no idea how to change that. I'm normally on the phone, so I know exactly when a message pops up, or my phone is off, and I can see the blue light blinking, and when you turn the screen on, you always have those notifications on the screen, before you swipe to unlock the phone.

that lil '1' or '2' on the icon is a big deal for me...i guess im **** like that...but i would really like a fix on that issue because i really like Nova...even bought the prime version

Comment

im gonna root my phone after i see kendrick lamar @ bumbershoot today lol... or maybe before i leave teh house

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                that lil '1' or '2' on the icon is a big deal for me...i guess im **** like that...but i would really like a fix on that issue because i really like Nova...even bought the prime version

You guys just have to add the plug in for the unread icons to show you the number of messages you have.

Go to the play store and download

TeslaUnread

It's for Nova and will give you exactly what your looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.notifier
                Last edited by Johnny Doomzday; 08-31-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Samsung S4 pawns the iphone 5

Comment

Ok, traded the s4 for the HTC one. I want to kill myself now. This is garbage compared to the s4. It's not a horrible phone, but after you've had an s4, the differences are crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X