No announcement yet.

Religious people are less intelligent than atheists, study finds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    Its nice that you both know how to read, next lesson is putting verses into context.
    Tell me a context in which murdering the occupants of an entire city and stealing its children as sexual conquests is in any way justifiable.

Comment

If scientists knew it all they wouldn't need to do science. the religious feel they "know it all" that's why they will never change their minds about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Tell me a context in which murdering the occupants of an entire city and stealing its children as sexual conquests is in any way justifiable.
        I'll tell you in what context when you tell me what gives you the right to judge God?

Comment

No suprise here, irrational superstition is something for the dumb and naive.

Comment

I'll tell you in what context when you tell me what gives you the right to judge God?
            Why are we not allowed to judge God in the first place?

In all seriousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
              1 Corinthians 1:27
              "he who posted this doesn't know that nobody is going to read it so just copy and paste it on this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Religious people don't want to learn why things happen, if it benefits them they just thank their magical invisible grandpa in the sky and when things don't work out blame some dweeb in the red jump suit who lives in the center of the Earth with all of the lava.
                I always think that type of purposefully dumbed down mockery doesnt help a person look very smart at all. Its a display of ignorance imo.
                Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

This is one of the most pretentious things I've ever read. I know more about your religion than you will ever do and this is in spite of having an active social life in which I go to clubs (not any more really because I have kids which takes up most of my time) and malls and sporting events and tourist attractions. Your transparent attempt at proving your superiority to people who devote time to things you consider petty and frivolous has failed to convince me of its worthiness.
                I dont think he meant it in an arrogant way. I didnt read it like that. He seems alrite from his other posts.
                Think he was just saying he personally finds it fascinating.
                It could be said we can judge God because we invented him. And that you and Piggy are critiquing literature.
                And anyway, if God preaches "Judge not lest ye be judged", and he judges us...then surely we can judge him?

Comment

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, ****phobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                    "he who posted this doesn't know that nobody is going to read it so just copy and paste it on this forum"
                    27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Comment

This **** again huh.

Comment

Working...
                      X