Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magna Carta Holy FAIL........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Emenim IS overrated. He's nothing special. Other than a white dude rapping while angry (like a John Cena promo) nothing special. he's good but muhfookas put him top 3 all time. Kill Self

2. Never listened to this mchg album. Read reviews and it seems he's trying to stay relevant with this Tyga (modern era) type rap style (source posted lyrics with review). Even after all the put downs, these reviews still rate the album 4/5. I'm like wtf? Really? You said he made no sense, yet rated it 4/5? Kill Self.

Not sure if I will listen to it ever. I will check out the BBC track because Nas is on it though.

Ps. Enough of this bs about Emenim. I'm burned out on this love affair fad. I've listned to him since he was sticking 9 inch nails in his eye lids.. I have never been blown away by him.

Comment

I'm always skeptical when rappers say they do all their raps 'from the the top'. Maybe they do for the odd verse here and there but not for a whole record, and certeinly not for the more serious, deeper tracks they record.

Someone said earlier that the album lacks inspiration, and that's pretty much hit the nail on the head. When you're a multi-millionaire, 43, owner of a successful company and married to one of the hottest women in the world what exactaly do you have to say that is going to make people listen?

On hip-hop as a whole, I just think most mainstream sounds tired. Even Kendrick Lemar's last album was a let down compared to Section 80. I listen to more underground stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
        honestly this has to be jay-z worst cd i mean its god awful it's like he put no damn effort into this project.
        nah, I bought the first two blueprints

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Okay, it's not terrible, but after 4 years.....this is the best stuff Jay can give us??? It's right up there with his weakest releases in my honest opinion.

Heaven, Picasso Baby, Somewhere In America, Oceans are by far the best songs on the album. BBC, FUTW, Nickles and Dimes were alright. The rest, meh not that good in my opinion.

I can't see how people are praising the production, way too many Timbaland beats, but a lot of it sounded like experimental beats for him, with average lyrics. I wish Jay would try to just pen it with his rhymes, instead of this off the top of the dome stuff (he basically spits random stuff off the top of the dome, finds something he likes, and uses it). If Jay would pen it, his lyrics would be much stronger than they've been on his latest releases, WTT and MCHG.

I didn't think it was better than Blueprint 3, which several people loved to hate it seemed. That album wasn't too bad actually, it was better than Gift and Curse but not better than the original obviously. A lot of tired subject matter from Jay. If you're going to have tired subject matter, there better be some insane wordplay or lyricism on the record, or else it's just bland. That's how I felt listening tot his album, that it sounded bland and uninspired a lot.

Anyways, I just wasn't feeling the album too much. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5 probably.
          Can't be too bad if you liked most of the album.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            nah, I bought the first two blueprints
            see i like the first blueprint the second one was ehhh shouldn't have been a double cd. This cd is just so forced it seemed like, like he didn't give a ****. Just retire have your other **** and take care of you family jay

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              Can't be too bad if you liked most of the album.
              That's 4 songs I liked, and 3 were iiiight. Hardly most of the album.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                1. Emenim IS overrated. He's nothing special. Other than a white dude rapping while angry (like a John Cena promo) nothing special. he's good but muhfookas put him top 3 all time. Kill Self

2. Never listened to this mchg album. Read reviews and it seems he's trying to stay relevant with this Tyga (modern era) type rap style (source posted lyrics with review). Even after all the put downs, these reviews still rate the album 4/5. I'm like wtf? Really? You said he made no sense, yet rated it 4/5? Kill Self.

Not sure if I will listen to it ever. I will check out the BBC track because Nas is on it though.

Ps. Enough of this bs about Emenim. I'm burned out on this love affair fad. I've listned to him since he was sticking 9 inch nails in his eye lids.. I have never been blown away by him.
                To each their own, but even most emcee's from all era's give that dude his due. From Kool G Rap to Rakim to Jay, to these modern day emcee's coming up.

His wordplay, rhyme schemes, and the complexity of a lot of rhymes are second to none. He's definitely in the Top 10, but I really don't put an order on my Top 10, because it probably depends on the mood I've been in lately.

Nas, 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, KRS-One, and Jay. The order changes weekly probably, haha. So I just go with a no order Top 10.

While the guy has white fans who he probably wouldn't have if he wasn't white, he has loads of brothers that just never gave a chance or gave him a fair shake simply because he's white. And I'll admit that even being black. When he came with Slim Shady LP, I was 17 and I really didn't give him a chance or a fair shake. When I heard Forgot About Dre though, it made when want to go back and give him a chance, because he was dope as hell on that track. And I just realized that white boy was operating on a different level than most, like Nas was, like Rakim did, and many many others.

There's also something to be said about an artist who can sound different on every CD. From Infinite to Slim Shady LP to Marshall Mathers LP to Eminem Show to his 8 Mile stuff to Encore to Relapse to Recovery to Bad Meets Evil with Royce, none of them sound the same. I can't say that about every great emcee.

Anyways, Nas, Jay, and Eminem were probably the last great emcee's that have come out. I really don't see anyone from this younger era that will become a future great. Kendrick had a great debut, I find it hard people will argue that, the whole CD was dope and on point in my opinion. Maybe Kendrick has a chance. There's some youngsters that are dope but I don't know about GREAT eventually. Cole, Joey Bada$$, Logic, notably.

Anyways, about Magna Carta......it just felt uninspired from him. His worst effort since Kingdom Come probably. Jay's only done 2 albums after Black Album I enjoyed, American Gangster was dope, and Blueprint 3 wasn't too bad. His latest efforts though, WTT and MCHG, I just wasn't feeling it. Average lyrics at best, at least Watch the Throne had good production, I wasn't even really feeling the production on Magna Carta.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  To each their own, but even most emcee's from all era's give that dude his due. From Kool G Rap to Rakim to Jay, to these modern day emcee's coming up.

His wordplay, rhyme schemes, and the complexity of a lot of rhymes are second to none. He's definitely in the Top 10, but I really don't put an order on my Top 10, because it probably depends on the mood I've been in lately.

Nas, 2Pac, Biggie, Eminem, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, KRS-One, and Jay. The order changes weekly probably, haha. So I just go with a no order Top 10.

While the guy has white fans who he probably wouldn't have if he wasn't white, he has loads of brothers that just never gave a chance or gave him a fair shake simply because he's white. And I'll admit that even being black. When he came with Slim Shady LP, I was 17 and I really didn't give him a chance or a fair shake. When I heard Forgot About Dre though, it made when want to go back and give him a chance, because he was dope as hell on that track. And I just realized that white boy was operating on a different level than most, like Nas was, like Rakim did, and many many others.

There's also something to be said about an artist who can sound different on every CD. From Infinite to Slim Shady LP to Marshall Mathers LP to Eminem Show to his 8 Mile stuff to Encore to Relapse to Recovery to Bad Meets Evil with Royce, none of them sound the same. I can't say that about every great emcee.

Anyways, Nas, Jay, and Eminem were probably the last great emcee's that have come out. I really don't see anyone from this younger era that will become a future great. Kendrick had a great debut, I find it hard people will argue that, the whole CD was dope and on point in my opinion. Maybe Kendrick has a chance. There's some youngsters that are dope but I don't know about GREAT eventually. Cole, Joey Bada$$, Logic, notably.

Anyways, about Magna Carta......it just felt uninspired from him. His worst effort since Kingdom Come probably. Jay's only done 2 albums after Black Album I enjoyed, American Gangster was dope, and Blueprint 3 wasn't too bad. His latest efforts though, WTT and MCHG, I just wasn't feeling it. Average lyrics at best, at least Watch the Throne had good production, I wasn't even really feeling the production on Magna Carta.
                  exactly. In an interview they asked Rakim who he thinks is the best lyrical rapper out there and he said Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                      Exactly. There's a difference between a rapper and a lyricist, but in the end they're all emcee's. Very few emcee's have been as good with words as Eminem.

All Rakim is saying here is this.............If Eminem was black, he may not have sold as many records, probably 1/2 or 2/3 of what he has, but he would have been the Muhammad Ali of rap to everyone, meaning all the brothers that never gave him a chance would have been on hos jock too. It goes both ways. But still, look at Kanye. Kanye is black and is universally loved by white critics and white hip hop listeners. So there's still a chance Eminem would have been as big if he was black, Kanye's skin didn't stop him from being loved by white america in terms of his music. And Kanye isn't 1/10 the emcee Em is.

Eminem wold have been dope if he was a purple alien or some s**t. Color doesn't matter if you're dope, but some people just get pissed seeing some white boy that can spit better than 99.999999% of all other emcee's. Em's legacy has been set since Eminem Show, he's one of the greats along with Nas, Rakim, Pac, Biggie, KRS, L, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X