No announcement yet.

Magna Carta Holy FAIL........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    Hes trying something new with production and style. I admit some tracks were weird and whack. Like even the beyonce song makes her sound like garbage too.

I enjoyed the majority tho because its different. You can expect Nas to drop an illmatic every year and expect it not all to sound the same. Best rappers can evolve. Biggie and Tupac could get your girls panties wet and have you bumpin gangsta ish in the car.

Not Jays best but still better then emo eminem.
    Best rappers can evolve....than you should love emo Eminem. The guy has managed to change his style basically and sound different every album he's done so far, and still stay relevant and produce good stuff for the most part. Of course he's done some whack s**t, I've yet to find a hip hop artist that produced more than 1-2 albums that didn't have some crappy songs.

Eminem, Nas, Jay, they're all great. 2 of those guys operate on a different level lyrically, and you know who they are.

Comment

this review pretty much nailed how i feel about jay-z.
      ................Throughout “Magna Carta,” the 43-year-old pretends he’s a threat to a system he’s so eagerly become a part of, as if his life as a champion capitalist is some perpetually escalating act of subversion. Hooray? Rooting for this man in 2013 is like rooting for Pfizer. Or PepsiCo. Or PRISM.
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...y.html?hpid=z4

Comment

Yeah Jay Z and Nas. The greatest rappers since Biggie and 2Pac.

Eminem is so overrated by white people its not even funny and im mixed. Since they can relate they pretend hes God like Mexicans do with Canelo.

Eminems not horrible hes good. But I dont think hes as great as some people claim. I cant listen to him nonstop like 2pac, Jay z, Nas and Biggie

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Eminem is so overrated by white people its not even funny and im mixed. Since they can relate they pretend hes God like Mexicans do with Canelo.

Eminems not horrible hes good. But I dont think hes as great as some people claim. I cant listen to him nonstop like 2pac, Jay z, Nas and Biggie

Well I'm not white, and don't know what race has to do with it. If you're dope, you're dope. Eminem gets his respect from all areas of the music world, and yes from the hip hop community too. Kool G Rap said Eminem was the last great emcee that impressed him. Rakim said Eminem would be the Ali of rap if he was black. High praise from two legends, along with Eminem himself who's a legend in the game.

As far as complex rhymes, being able to relate to various amounts of people, wordplay, and overall bar for bar. Very few can hang with Eminem at his best. You saw it plain and simple on Renegade, even Jay came with hard verses on that one, but he was completely outclassed. Jay even admitted it after all these years on A Star Is Born. The funny thing is Eminem wrote his verses on Renegade while it was still a Royce song, than the song got passed onto Jay in the end, who had a chance to write his verses after Eminem. Imagine if Em wrote his verses knowing he was going to be on with Jay...???

Very few artists, let alone emcee's, have 3 classic albums. He has 3 classics, Pac has 2-3, Biggie has 2, Jay has 3, Nas has 2-3, Rakim was on 2-3, and so on.

There's artists where even if you dislike their music, you respect and know their skill. Eminem is one of them. He probably gets more hate than any other great emcee, mainly because of his skin, but even those that hate the guy know his skill and what he brings to the mic.

Oh and side note, Nas and Eminem are the greatest since Rakim. Pac, Jay, and Biggie are great, but tell me Nas and Eminem, and Rakim wouldn't out spit them bar for bar. If you do, I really have to question if you know what you're listening to.

Top 10 dead or alive, no order.

Nas
          Eminem
          Jay-Z
          2Pac
          Biggie
          Rakim
          KRS-One
          Kool G Rap
          Big L
          Big Daddy Kane

The next tier looks like this....

Big Pun
          Black Thought
          Common
          Ice Cube
          Chuck D
          Last edited by 4Corners; 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Okay, it's not terrible, but after 4 years.....this is the best stuff Jay can give us??? It's right up there with his weakest releases in my honest opinion.

Heaven, Picasso Baby, Somewhere In America, Oceans are by far the best songs on the album. BBC, FUTW, Nickles and Dimes were alright. The rest, meh not that good in my opinion.

I can't see how people are praising the production, way too many Timbaland beats, but a lot of it sounded like experimental beats for him, with average lyrics. I wish Jay would try to just pen it with his rhymes, instead of this off the top of the dome stuff (he basically spits random stuff off the top of the dome, finds something he likes, and uses it). If Jay would pen it, his lyrics would be much stronger than they've been on his latest releases, WTT and MCHG.

I didn't think it was better than Blueprint 3, which several people loved to hate it seemed. That album wasn't too bad actually, it was better than Gift and Curse but not better than the original obviously. A lot of tired subject matter from Jay. If you're going to have tired subject matter, there better be some insane wordplay or lyricism on the record, or else it's just bland. That's how I felt listening tot his album, that it sounded bland and uninspired a lot.

Anyways, I just wasn't feeling the album too much. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5 probably.
            What is this? What? WTF? Jay Z has ALWAYS spit this way. ALWAYS. His entire career, every time. He even said he tried to sit down and write lyrics for the black album but it just didn't feel right so he went back to doing it the way he ALWAYS does. That made no sense 4C.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              What is this? What? WTF? Jay Z has ALWAYS spit this way. ALWAYS. His entire career, every time. He even said he tried to sit down and write lyrics for the black album but it just didn't feel right so he went back to doing it the way he ALWAYS does. That made no sense 4C.
              I know that.....that's why I said that's what he does. But it doesn't work here. That's why I said he needs to pen it now. He can't do this off the top of the dome, than tweak it a bit kind of stuff anymore, judging by his lyricism on his two latest releases, WTT and MCHG.

Look at the Blueprint, which was made in a short amount of time, and straight off the dome. Now look at this, which was made over a longer period of time in the same way.

Jay needs to start penning his rhymes if this is the stuff he's going come out with. It just felt uninspired, even his song about his daughter, which is shocking.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 07-11-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Anyways, this isn't an Eminem thread, don't know why Eminem's hater has to constantly bring him up, it's funny though.

People that liked the album, what'd you like about it???

Comment

honestly this has to be jay-z worst cd i mean its god awful it's like he put no damn effort into this project.

Comment

actually he gets underrated by black ppl. this new Jay-Z album is proof of Eminem's greatness. Every one of Em's albums is sick even after all these years he's just so consistently great.

stop hating.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                      actually he gets underrated by black ppl. this new Jay-Z album is proof of Eminem's greatness. Every one of Em's albums is sick even after all these years he's just so consistently great.

stop hating.
                      Even Eminem's weakest albums, Encore and Relapse, are a lot better lyrically than MCHG. Relapse felt uninspired, like this one for Jay, but it still had great lyrical wordplay and dope songs like 3AM, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground, Drop the Bomb On Em, Music Box, etc.

Aside from 3-4 songs, I just don't see how even die hard Jay fans, and I love Jay, can really get into this album.

Comment

Working...
                      X