No announcement yet.

Biblical Knowledge for Dummies: Genesis Ch 1-5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    In my opinion, if you were going to cite an atom that was responsible for creating everything, it'd be hydrogen. 2 hydrogen nuclei with 1 proton each takes part in fusion to produce a helium nucleus with 2 protons. Then 3 helium nuclei take part in the 'triple alpha process' of fusion to produce a carbon nucleus (with 6 protons).

No hydrogen, no carbon.

the soundtrack of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Here is a quick biblical run down of the first five chapters of Genesis, for all of you who are not familiar or to lazy to read them for yourselves. This essentially outlines the history of man according to creation. Whether you choose to believe the story or not is irrelevant, as this is the biblical perspective.

Chapter 1: God creates the universe, earth, and all the life on earth including man, animals, plants and all of earths foundations. God creates man in His image and in His likeness.

Chapter 2: God forms man (Adam) out of the dust of the ground and breathes life into his nostrils. He creates the Garden of Eden for him to dwell and uses one of his ribs to create his wife, Eve. He also sets the tree of Life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden, but commands that Adam and Eve shall not eat from the tree of knowledge. Also at this time there was no rain, but a mist covered the earth and watered the earth.

Chapter 3: Eve is deceived by Satan who takes the form of a serpent. She eats from the forbidden tree and also convinces Adam to eat the fruit. As soon as they eat of the fruit their eyes are opened and they realize that they are naked. God discovers their transgression and curses Satan to be below all of earths creation. He punishes the woman by making her subject to her husband in addition to having great sorrow in childbirth. He punishes the man by making him a slave to toil in the sweat of his brow for the rest of his days until he dies. God also acknowledged that man has now become like Him in that he knows good and evil, and thus banished him from the Garden of Eden so that he could not also eat from the tree of life and live forever.
      (Noteworthy point here, man could have ate from the tree of life first without any repercussion, and thus would have become immortal. Instead he chose death in the form of the Tree of Knowledge.)

Chapter 4: Adam and Eve have children. The first born is Cain and the second born is Abel. Cain was a tiller of ground, and Abel was a keeper of sheep. One day they both offered sacrifices to God, but only Abels was accepted while Cains was rejected. Cain being filled with anger eventually killed his brother Abel. When confronted about his murder by God, Cain replied "Am I my brothers keeper?" For his transgression Cain was cursed with a mark and sent out from God's presence.

Chapter 5: Details the ancestral genealogy of Adam from his third son Seth up until Noah. Men at this time lived up to 900+ years of age.
      For dummies indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
        Hi Noose, im still massively butthurt about you criticising my precious movie reviews that i cant let it go. They really have got to me, and id like everyone to know how upset i am.
        Not believing in Hebrew mythology doesn't necessarily make someone smart.

Someone who is more tolerant of those who do believe in various religions and mythologies is more likely to be an intelligent man.

Some people have a psychological need to believe in something like that, no need to ridicule them. Different strokes for different folks.
        Hi stalker.

Thats for picking out my post and ignoring the others. (Are they also on your cowardly ignore list?)

I am not religious. But i do believe in religion. And have defended peoples right to be religious many times. I have also criticised people for calling religious people weak minded and ******s many times because i dont believe they are.

This is one of those occasions where you mistake a light hearted p1sstake for an arrogant attack.
        Funny how when it suits you, you will pull out the nice guy 'different strokes for different folks' crap, but when i disagree with you, its tears and tantrums. Everyone else is fine with my responses. Even Enayze takes it like a man and argues back. I gave him props. He doesnt resort to acting like a precious fairy with angry hemorrhoids who uses an ignore list like a bucket of sand to stick his head into like you. You resort to cowardice like its second nature. God knows what you do in real life.

Im a smartass. And only a sensitive flower like yourself could take me so seriously.

Maybe stick to red k and calling me a b1tch and a piece of **** (tolerance? lmao) where no one will see, whilst acting like a self righteous nice guy on the boards. lol

Heres a tip; the ignore function is meant to be used to ignore people you dopey ****. lol. Please ignore me from now on.

And for the record, i dont think im smarter than anyone else. Intelligence comes in many different forms. You read my posts as being arrogant put downs. I dont think most people read them that way. They are just smartass comments. So calm down, and fuck off. x x

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          the soundtrack of my life.

Comment

No stalking here. Just a little payback for what doing to others including myself for years.
            An ass yes, but smart you're definitely not. The truth is, you're rather simple-minded and that's why you feel insecure and need to prove others are stupid.
            Who is being the sensitive one?

If you can't take it, stop dishing it out.
            Again, if you can't take it, stop dishing it out!

Wow, you sure are a sensitive one.
            Dishing what out for years exactly?
            Who else have i had a beef with since i started posting here in 2004? I think everyone else knows im just a joker.
            But u have an issue.

So, give me some examples of what exactly you have a problem with. Show me posts, or you a butthurt liar.

Comment

Having trouble answering that last post aintcha! lol

Comment

No...

You're just not worth the time it would take me to look through the old threads and quote some of your many posts stalking me and others with annoying comments (as you did in this very thread).

It's interesting how angrily you react when someone does the same to you as you do to others. Perhaps this will teach you a lesson.
                lol. But u did find a thread i started back in 2004 to red k me last week. lol

I have never stalked you, and unless you can back that statement up, you are a liar and a coward. If you think ive done it to so many people over so many years it shouldnt be a time consuming task.

In this thread you commented on my post. Which seems is becoming an enjoyable hobby for you. Whatever floats your boat my friend.

Comment

I was given green K for it too. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks you're more of a dumbass than a smartass.
                  Funny because i was given green k for my response to you. HIGH FIVE!!
                  Plus im not the one with the infamously long ignore list. What a humongous b1tch you are!

Like i said, find some posts, back up your argument, and stop being a butthurt b1tch.

Comment

Kinda made a t1t of yourself in that World war z thread didntcha. lol.

Comment

No........
                      yea ya did.

Lets play.

Comment

Working...
                      X