Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biblical Knowledge for Dummies: Genesis Ch 1-5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually read up to Leviticus the other week. Then I arrived at a 4 page mini-manual of how to sacrafice a goat (and other animals) properly so the burning smell is "sweet savour for the Lord" which is repeated at least 3 times.

That's when I thought I'd read enough for that week.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Carbon.......
      In my opinion, if you were going to cite an atom that was responsible for creating everything, it'd be hydrogen. 2 hydrogen nuclei with 1 proton each takes part in fusion to produce a helium nucleus with 2 protons. Then 3 helium nuclei take part in the 'triple alpha process' of fusion to produce a carbon nucleus (with 6 protons).

No hydrogen, no carbon.

Comment

I think these stories sound even more ******eder when it's paraphrased like this.

It reads like a cliffs notes of a fantasy kids book.

Comment

Everybody knows the only literal parts of the bible are the "good" parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            In my opinion, if you were going to cite an atom that was responsible for creating everything, it'd be hydrogen. 2 hydrogen nuclei with 1 proton each takes part in fusion to produce a helium nucleus with 2 protons. Then 3 helium nuclei take part in the 'triple alpha process' of fusion to produce a carbon nucleus (with 6 protons).

No hydrogen, no carbon.
            That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Going back further, I could cite the atmospheric cooling which in turn allowed atoms to stabilize. But that's another topic for another time.

Point is, religion is for 'tards.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Everybody knows the only literal parts of the bible are the "good" parts.

Everyone knows that it is impossibru for both literal and metaphorical qualities to exist within a 1500 page book. It must be one of the other, amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                Everyone knows that it is impossibru for both literal and metaphorical qualities to exist within a 1500 page book. It must be one of the other, amirite?
                you religious people are bigger cherrypickers than Mayweather...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  you religious people are bigger cherrypickers than Mayweather...
                  A 1500 page spiritual book filled with lessons illustrated through stories holds both literal and metaphorical qualities contained within. Funny how this gets your jimmies twisted.

Its one thing to say you don't believe in the bible/God/whatever. But what I, and others, are suggesting is not unreasonable or absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    A 1500 page spiritual book filled with lessons illustrated through stories holds both literal and metaphorical qualities contained within. Funny how this gets your jimmies twisted.

Its one thing to say you don't believe in the bible/God/whatever. But what I, and others, are suggesting is not unreasonable or absurd.
                    Actually, it is absurd because, as already pointed out, the bible used to be taken very literally. People were burned alive for suspicion of witchcraft, women were subjugated and treated as property, condemned men were left to die due to exposure, condemned women had their breasts torn from their chests, etc....

It's only in recent human history that Christians have embraced the idea of certain parts of the bible being 'metaphorical', because they ****ing had to due to the fact that science was continually proving them wrong on a daily basis. They were (and still continue to be) exposed as fools. Science forced their hand.

Comment

Actually, it is absurd because, as already pointed out, the bible used to be taken very literally. People were burned alive for suspicion of witchcraft, women were subjugated and treated as property, condemned men were left to die due to exposure, condemned women had their breasts torn from their chests, etc....
                      So? What does that have anything to do with modern day interpretation? Scientists used to believe the world was flat, are we to now conclude that science is ridiculous and new outlooks on the matter are absurd, because of the beliefs/interpretations/opinions of men hundreds of years ago?

Sure, different interpretations have existed throughout the ages. Hold no bearing.

It's only in recent human history that Christians have embraced the idea of certain parts of the bible being 'metaphorical', because they ****ing had to due to the fact that science was continually proving them wrong on a daily basis. They were (and still continue to be) exposed as fools. Science forced their hand.
                      Oh I get it, we're pretending science and religion are mutually exclusive terms...
                      Last edited by ~AK49~; 06-22-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X