Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of all the celebrity court case murders why was OJ Simpsons case to important to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one has mentioned the brutality of the murder. He damn there chopped her head off by stabbing her in the head and neck.

Comment

i'd characterize the tensions around that trial as racial. i was very young.

it was a perfect storm for a massive trial in the media.

OJ simpson was a bonafide superstar
      Last edited by New England; 05-17-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg happpy View Post
        I bet if his wife wasn't hot no Body would of
        Cared.
        A man of his fame, fortune and social status most likely wouldn't have an average looking wife.

And even if he did have an average wife, the case would still have wide media coverage because of who he is.

However, we all know O.J. is innocent. Donald Trump hired Hulk Hogan and Luis Guzman to do it because O.J. got bombed threw up on Trump's fancy French loafers at a cocktail party one time. Trump then slipped on the vomit and twisted his knee. He couldn't let a black man get away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          People were just getting over the Rodney King beatings and the riots and then OJ is accused of murdering his hot white wife then detective Mark Fuhrman and the glove

nobody really care if he did it or not out was just white vs black and if found guilty it could of easily sparked another riot

of course the White Bronco parade/chase and he played an awesome cop in Naked Gun
          this is exactly what i have always said...he was found guilty in civil court & ordered to pay like 33 million or something...imagine if a NFL hall of famer (hero to many)was found guilty of murdering a white folks following the rodney king incident. we are only speculating but the possibility existed...you have to wonder sometimes...lol! no double jeopardy in the US...guilty in civil court but not criminal? he spent his money & managed to stay out of jail but that moron couldn't keep it together & is still in the slammer i think from some vegas heist...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830
            why it got to be a Puerto Rican
            Don't ask me, I'm not the one who hired him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              A man of his fame, fortune and social status most likely wouldn't have an average looking wife.

And even if he did have an average wife, the case would still have wide media coverage because of who he is.

However, we all know O.J. is innocent. Donald Trump hired Hulk Hogan and Luis Guzman to do it because O.J. got bombed threw up on Trump's fancy French loafers at a cocktail party one time. Trump then slipped on the vomit and twisted his knee. He couldn't let a black man get away with that.
              Why it got to be a Puerto Rican*

Comment

It was a racial divide during the trial. He got away with it because of the racist cop and his top notch lawyer. I was really young when this went down. Looking back, it was pretty disgusting to see a bunch of idiots cheering when a murderer walked free for a brutal crime.

Comment

It's funny that when I was a teen I sure that OJ was innocent and someone was framing him. Now that I'm older I think he did it himself or he hired someone.

Comment

nationally and internationally it was a big deal because of o.j.'s celebrity. football, movies, commercials and he was a sports tv personality at the time.

this was also at the beginning of 24 hour news media and frankly the story was juicy.

locally it was at a time of racial tension for blacks. with several high profile race involved court cases.

1. rodney king beating by lapd. black man gets beat down by white cops.

2. black girl gets shot by korean liquor store owner.

3. black man kills white ex wife and white lover/friend.

not to be racist but black ppl needed to pick their sides better.

1. rodney was a criminal who led cops on a high speed chase and resisted arrest.

2. that black girl who got shot had slapped around and beat the korean store lady before she shot her.

3. o.j. brutally murdered 2 people.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                      It was a racial divide during the trial. He got away with it because of the racist cop and his top notch lawyer. I was really young when this went down. Looking back, it was pretty disgusting to see a bunch of idiots cheering when a murderer walked free for a brutal crime.
                      I remember everybody was glued to the tv and radio and the footage on tv was two different colleges one was a crowd of white students and the other one black students and once the verdict was read the black students cheered and the white students were in complete shock

nobody cared if he did it or not, it was strictly black vs white

Comment

Working...
                      X