Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feminism, how do you think it affects society?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I always thought most of these posters were joking.
    There's a degree of joking but some of these clowns have an obvious and deep-seated revulsion for women.

For example this post:

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I don't think she was attractive then...but anyone who fantasizes about someone who looks like this now is sick.

Not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      One thing is for sure. If ever I think that feminism is no longer necessary I only need to look in this lounge at some of the comments about women to be assured that there is still a place for feminism in the world.
      Why do you take them seriously squeal? Most of them are either joking or letting out pent up aggression.

They can't say the kind of things they want to say about women in real life without getting judged. Women can, that's the difference. Don't take it too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        I always thought most of these posters were joking.
        Squealpiggy got no ****ing humour

Comment

one thing is for sure. If ever i think that feminism is no longer necessary i only need to look in this lounge at some of the comments about women to be assured that there is still a place for feminism in the world.
          lol the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
            Why do you take them seriously squeal? Most of them are either joking or letting out pent up aggression.

They can't say the kind of things they want to say about women in real life without getting judged. Women can, that's the difference. Don't take it too seriously.
            They can't say the fucked up distasteful things about women that they want to in real life and that's supposed to make me feel better?

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
            lol the irony.
            I have no idea what you think irony means.

Comment

They can't say the fucked up distasteful things about women that they want to in real life and that's supposed to make me feel better?

I have no idea what you think irony means.
              Should I call it hypocrisy then? You completely dismiss "internet trolls" and "cranks" as evidence of problems with feminism and yet you cite internet trolls as evidence that feminism is needed? LOLWAT.EXE

Comment

This is because women on average will take time out of their career to have children while men never seldom do. This makes for a smaller pool of women available to fill the very highest positions. The innate difference is childbearing, not some undefinable super-man-skills.

I had no idea that there was such a vibrant ditch digging industry.

while pregnancy is an absolute b#tch in terms of productivity in the workplace, i do believe there's much more to it than that.

and physical labor is a huge part of a variety of industries, and the value of the labor of a man is worth more than the value of the labor of a woman. not everybody works primarily through a computer.
                Last edited by New England; 05-20-2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Should I call it hypocrisy then? You completely dismiss "internet trolls" and "cranks" as evidence of problems with feminism and yet you cite internet trolls as evidence that feminism is needed? LOLWAT.EXE
                  Wrong. People who say "Make me a sammich" garner nothing more than an eye-roll from me. Obvious trolling is not worth mentioning.

The eye opener is when the comments are not intended as jokes or trolling and give a glimpse of the ugly views beneath. Such as the reaction to Angelina Jolie's recent operation being sadly overwhelmingly based entirely on her physical appearance, or how somebody implied that you would have to be "sick" to be attracted to a woman who was over fifty years old.

When it comes to cranks however I tend to be more concerned about male cranks who hate women because women really are being murdered around the world for things like adultery or fornication or "dressing western" or any number of things.

In other words when women fantasize about dominating men they are cranks engaging in pure fantasy. When men fantasize about dominating women they stand a reasonable chance of being able to carry it out.

Comment

Wrong. People who say "Make me a sammich" garner nothing more than an eye-roll from me. Obvious trolling is not worth mentioning.

The eye opener is when the comments are not intended as jokes or trolling and give a glimpse of the ugly views beneath. Such as the reaction to Angelina Jolie's recent operation being sadly overwhelmingly based entirely on her physical appearance, or how somebody implied that you would have to be "sick" to be attracted to a woman who was over fifty years old.

When it comes to cranks however I tend to be more concerned about male cranks who hate women because women really are being murdered around the world for things like adultery or fornication or "dressing western" or any number of things.

In other words when women fantasize about dominating men they are cranks engaging in pure fantasy. When men fantasize about dominating women they stand a reasonable chance of being able to carry it out.
                    There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. You're not only a hypocrite but you're sexist against men.

Comment

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. You're not only a hypocrite but you're sexist against men.
                      We're all hypocrites at the end of the day so who cares, but after I read this

It really made me wonder where you live Squeal because you make it sound like this is common place. Here in the states it isn't, I've seen it first hand for many years and actually dealt with it myself when I was younger. Maybe it's a cultural change but I can assure you Piggy if you came to my area of living and said that to random women on the street they would laugh at you.

Comment

Working...
                      X