No announcement yet.

Don't enjoy boxing anymore, because of things like this site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    I'm 100% serious, I'll still be active in the lounge and game sections but my time in NSB is over.

It's beyond redundant at this stage, it's actually become a chore, a detriment to my enjoyment of the sport. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion in there, 90% of the best posters have moved on, what's the point.

I'm done , seriously
    There is a lot of hate that goes on in there. I mainly go in there on fight nights and join the master fight thread. I then add my two cents and leave. Here is what I said about the Fury fights.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=96

Not everyone is hateful. Dig for the posters who have something to actually say. We are in there.

Comment

Mayweather Pacquiao...twilight....it's over. I come here for the news or who died recently or the newest viral vid.

Comment

You're lucky to find any legitimate discussion going on in there anymore. It's hard to stay away right after the fights, especially the big ones. But I've found in the past, it's been best to stay away completely, or post minimally and do not browse for a good 5 days after a fight happens.

You're going to get that pretty much on any forum about any topic. You have people coming from all walks of life, all over the world, different age groups, and level of knowledge, etc.

So you're going to get some ridiculously stupid posts, to some amazing discussion that will open up your mind to certain aspects of the sport that you may have never come across previously.

I think it's worth it to sift through the garbage in NSB to find one post/topic that will enlighten you.

Comment

I'd never let other peoples opinions ruin my love for something.

Comment

Couldn't hang with the big boys I see.

Comment

i memorize worth while poster's avatars and discard everybody else.

it takes me a while to figure out who the good new posters are, though. otherwise, it works.

Comment

one of earl's faves gets the biggest W of his career.

NSB doesn't go nuts over it (instead it goes nuts over the fight later in the evening,) and he leaves.

he took his ball and went home.

Comment

I shied away from talking boxing in NSB anymore as well. It is just exhausting having to defend every opinion I have.
                  Last edited by Danny Gunz; 04-22-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I haven't been a regular poster in NSB for absolutely ages. There have been decent eras, but the "realest" people are in the lounge/history section

Comment

Tyson Fury was underwhelming and got knocked down against a former cruiserweight, it is what it is.

Did you expect everyone on NSB to call him the second coming after that performance?

Comment

Working...
                      X