No announcement yet.

Do You Play Any Instrument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debopam Roy View Post
    Sicilians are pretty awesome. My favorite, Charlie 'Lucky' Luciano was from Sicily...well...so was the whole cosa nostra...but thats beside the point...

The best thing about devoting yourself to an instrument is, once you master it, it pays you back in the best possible ways! Just imagine being able to play a Beethoven Sonata perfectly in front of people. The feeling it gives...its uncomparable.
    if im not mistaken a lot of italians in the usa are sicilian descent..

Originally posted by New England View Post
    well, i'm not really one to do that, other than in jest. my lineage is italian. i've never even been there.

naples is famous for a good deal, but the thread concerns instruments, and that's why i made the reference.

the guitar was invented by a neapolitan. and caruso, the greatest singer of all time, grew up poor in naples.
    i didnt know italians invented guitar...

Comment

So any of you have uploaded your compositions in the internet or something? Or covers, maybe?

Comment

I played the bass. And saxophone.

Comment

...if you know what I mean...

Comment

I played that alto sax for a year, then switched to the baritone for the next 3 years. It only has 3 keys instead of 378 on the sax

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              I played that alto sax for a year, then switched to the baritone for the next 3 years. It only has 3 keys instead of 378 on the sax
              Man, I love Bari.

Check this out.

Epicness!!!! When that walking bass line comes in....Ohhhhh! Mingus musigasm.

Comment

I play piano.

Comment

Originally posted by ban_cov View Post
                  if im not mistaken a lot of italians in the usa are sicilian descent..

i didnt know italians invented guitar...
                  sicily is a pretty small island. they're just the loudest / the ones you see in mob movies.

the realest are neapolitans. nobody is perfect, but we're close.

Comment

This Charles Mingus one...pretty good! I have newfound respect for the instrument!

Comment

I play that through a fender rumble, that I hate, it sounds like ****.

going to pick this c0cksucker up today

Have only been playing bass for a little while, but have been playing geetar pretty much my whole life. I write and record with the Garageband app on the iPad, it does some pretty cool stuff for $5, There's a little connection device that let's you plug right into the iPad and record. The app comes with different amp models, effects and all kinds of ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X