Ayo Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    @ Dubbzz.

I love how laidback you are about it, but I could never go along with something like that.

If I were to cave on one issue in regards to religious influence on my child (assuming that I had one), I feel like that'd be opening the flood gates for a tidal wave of other uninvited input.

"Hey man, nice kid....Ever thought about chopping his d*ck up?"

And HERE WE ARE AGAIN.
    Its a slippery slope but then again, I'm in charge of this dude, not them.

I believe What he learns from me and his mom on a daily basis trumps anything he learns anywhere else (at least during the early stages of his life). Those are the years he'll be the most impressionable. Thats probably why Christians start them so young.

So I just told myself let them have their baptism & communion (snack break during mass for those who don't know). I'll handle Logic, education, tolerance, common sense. It'll be just like Harry Potter and Santa Clause, eventually he'll outgrow it.

Comment

@ Dubbzz.

I love how laidback you are about it, but I could never go along with something like that.

If I were to cave on one issue in regards to religious influence on my child (assuming that I had one), I feel like that'd be opening the flood gates for a tidal wave of other uninvited input.

"Hey man, nice kid....Ever thought about chopping his d*ck up?"

And HERE WE ARE AGAIN.
      Exactly how i feel, it would be like losing a battle. My thing is to let kids decide for themselves when they're grown, just like my parents did with me. I come from a jewish family and believe me one of the worst things is not getting the kid circumcised. I went to a jewish school for kidigarden and was teased for not being cut and told im not really jewish

Fcuk satisfying other people, if the mother of my child and her family attempt something like that, it would make me furious and i would perform rituals from other religions to get back at them ( nahh i wouldnt but i'd be pissed)

Comment

Once again, nobody gets curious about religion without first being introduced to it.

It would literally never happen.

There are converts like Anthony Flew, CS Lewis, Madely Murray among others. You can't be a dictator to your offspring on what they want to learn.That's all I am saying.

Comment

Dammit, Led*. Why do you have to antagonize these atheists, as if they were godless freaks? Leave them alone and let them live their lives without scrutiny. Can't these atheists live in peace without you harassing them?
          Last edited by Null; 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's just my experiences but slightly religious girls have been faithful, innocent, hygienic, cook well, and are great to talk to. The atheists cheated, were filthy, had no loyalty, *****ed and we're selfish. I can't stand atheist girls after having religious ones (SLIGHTLY)

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Exactly how i feel, it would be like losing a battle. My thing is to let kids decide for themselves when they're grown, just like my parents did with me. I come from a jewish family and believe me one of the worst things is not getting the kid circumcised. I went to a jewish school for kidigarden and was teased for not being cut and told im not really jewish

Fcuk satisfying other people, if the mother of my child and her family attempt something like that, it would make me furious and i would perform rituals from other religions to get back at them ( nahh i wouldnt but i'd be pissed)
              Well, they threw a party and my son got hooked up with mad gifts and cash (close to $5 G's).

Seemed like a fair trade for allowing them to sprinkle some water on him and spit some hocus pocus bullshit.

And no, I didn't spend his money.

Comment

To the point to whoever the fug it was, some religious people do harm in the name of a religion, and I will say this, some atheists do harm, not in the name of atheism, but most likely because they lacked a religion and followed it properly.

The lack of morality can be in anyone, and thus they do not follow any religion, or at least properly. To Dubzz who said some gangsters have a tattoo or whatever the fug he said, that doesn't mean they are religious. Any fool can claim to be anything, it doesn't mean they are.

If I get a tat of a kangaroo on my chest, it doesn't mean I am crocodile dundee now.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  To the point to whoever the fug it was, some religious people do harm in the name of a religion, and I will say this, some atheists do harm, not in the name of atheism, but most likely because they lacked a religion and followed it properly.

The lack of morality can be in anyone, and thus they do not follow any religion, or at least properly. To Dubzz who said some gangsters have a tattoo or whatever the fug he said, that doesn't mean they are religious. Any fool can claim to be anything, it doesn't mean they are.

If I get a tat of a kangaroo on my chest, it doesn't mean I am crocodile dundee now.
                  No, but it would imply that you have some sort of serious affection for kangaroos.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    I find atheists too confused to date. The lack of a faith shows me they are apathetic and to be quite frank, boring. Most of the atheists I know tend to be people who don't have a strong personality and tend to be calculated, plain, straight forward and a waste of time.

For example one I know teaches Maths and looks like he is a Polish scaffolder. Quite boring if you ask me.
                    Yeah, that's me right there. Maybe we have met before.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Yeah, that's me right there. Maybe we have met before.

Me ere dem say, di rain rastaclaat bad man, global warmin be causin flood in dem concreted swamp man. dem man build omes by concreting swamp wa gwan.

If a tree was on the road, blocking everything, would you get an axe and chop it for others to get pass? Would you?

Comment

Working...
                      X