No announcement yet.

Ayo Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Exactly. When i taked about having kids with my GF, she said she would have her kids baptized and christened. It got me me pretty pissed because she has no idea why those things are even done. I then countered that they are also having bar mitzvahs
    To me, religion and its rituals mean nothing. When my in laws wanted to baptize my son, I became upset.

But the more I thought about it, I realized it was a waste of time. I don't believe in the ritual and I don't plan on teaching my son Christian beliefs so therefore it means nothing to me.

So I said fuck, splash away, say your magic words so we can gtfoh and eat!

Comment

i was splashed by a minister.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        To me, religion and its rituals mean nothing. When my in laws wanted to baptize my son, I became upset.

But the more I thought about it, I realized it was a waste of time. I don't believe in the ritual and I don't plan on teaching my son Christian beliefs so therefore it means nothing to me.

So I said fuck, splash away, say your magic words so we can gtfoh and eat!

As much as I see your point, if any of family members asserted I should have my daughter baptized, they'd get a snicker, and a thanks but that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
          i was splashed by a minister.
          Sexual innuendo detected.

Comment

@ Dubbzz.

I love how laidback you are about it, but I could never go along with something like that.

If I were to cave on one issue in regards to religious influence on my child (assuming that I had one), I feel like that'd be opening the flood gates for a tidal wave of other uninvited input.

"Hey man, nice kid....Ever thought about chopping his d*ck up?"

And HERE WE ARE AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              @ Dubbzz.

I love how laidback you are about it, but I could never go along with something like that.

If I were to cave on one issue in regards to religious influence on my child (assuming that I had one), I feel like that'd be opening the flood gates for a tidal wave of other uninvited input.

"Hey man, nice kid....Ever thought about chopping his d*ck up?"

And HERE WE ARE AGAIN.
              Americaaaaaa **** YEAH!

Comment

a crackhead needs to be with a crackhead otherwise that sht wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                  Sexual innuendo detected.
                  nah seriously he dropped his holy liquid right on my forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Americaaaaaa **** YEAH!
                    USA! USA! USA!

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

As much as I see your point, if any of family members asserted I should have my daughter baptized, they'd get a snicker, and a thanks but that's ok.
                      Meh, it made them happy and I avoided a family argument. Kinda like playing "make believe" with your kids. You know its bs but it keeps them quiet and happy.

Now if they were ever to try to impose that "hellfire and brimstone bs or that anyone who's not Christian is bad crap on him, then we gone have problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X