Collapse
No announcement yet.

those of you who go to the gym in the AM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crunches and hard interval training in the AM with the rope and shadowboxing as a precursor.

Weights in the evening.

Comment

Bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee with 2 scoops of protein. Always eat before lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
        Bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee with 2 scoops of protein. Always eat before lifting.
        i don't do much lifting, especially in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
          i don't do much lifting, especially in the morning.
          Id probably skip the scoops of protein then. I only do the obligatory cardio during workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
            Something I've been meaning to ask for a while. How often do people take protein? I usually only take it directly after the gym (I go evenings) because I'm worried about possible health issues from taking it all the time.

Some personal trainer I talked to at the gym recommended I take it like 5 times a day if I'm trying to gain weight/add bulk. What do y'all think? (I'd probably take it 3 times a day max though)

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
              Something I've been meaning to ask for a while. How often do people take protein? I usually only take it directly after the gym (I go evenings) because I'm worried about possible health issues from taking it all the time.

Some personal trainer I talked to at the gym recommended I take it like 5 times a day if I'm trying to gain weight/add bulk. What do y'all think? (I'd probably take it 3 times a day max though)
              Depends how much you lift and how big you want to get. I only do protein powder before and after heavy lifting, so 4 times a day tops if Im doing 2 separate lifts. Also get a fair amount through the day in other forms.

Comment

i'm 6'1, 205. the only problem areas i have is that lower part of the belly. in essence i have a four pack instead of six pack.

i do loads of crunches but it doesn't seem to go anywhere permanently. lol

also, this winter i would like to try lifting. never really done much of it.

i would just like a lifting routine that will compliment my interval work on the track. i figure it's a new year, i am not getting punched in the face nearly as much as i'd like and i have weights and dumb bells at my disposable. why not try something different.

can anybody help?

Comment

wake up and go. if i have time i'll drink a protein shake with 2% when i'm done.

Comment

Aka knows whats up, best possible thing is oatmeal and protein. Second best prob a banana and a protein bar.

Do not work out without eating in the am. You're cannibalizing muscle and low on energy.

Comment

You should eat before lifting

but if you are just doing cardio you should not eat or you will just be burning off what you just ate

Comment

Working...
                      X