Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1billion points If You Can Solve This Math Problem!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
    Thats a hard question bro but thanks for the offer, I could lie and make up a lie of my fav fighter to try and get that billion points , but the truth is I like my fighters like I do my Women lol, I don't have one single favorite because I like different qualities from different fighters . Examples Julian Jackson's punching power, mayweathers defense , pacquiaos humility , Gerald McClellan s style, etc etc , thanks anyway man.
    You could have won it but you're short by 26 words.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      You could have won it but you're short by 26 words.
      Thanks anyway man, wasn't counting words because I couldn't give u a straight answer so figured I wasn't going to win anyway, what can u do with points anyway?

Comment

lol 1 dollars???lol

Comment

Probably already solved, but I'm responding before reading the thread.

$2, right?

$2/2=$1+$1=$2

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            let x = cost

1+1/2 x = x
            1/2 x = 1
            x = 2
            If you don't know the price beforehand, p=x(e.g. as in 1/2x+$1=p), how is this proper?

Comment

^^

Actually forget it, Uncle Kadyo correctly proves that the answer is correct with his formula.

I was just wondering how to solve it if you don't have the value of x (or more accurately of p[rice], which in this case p=x). I don't know the answer, but it gets into some more complex math, I think. For instance, if the values were much more complex than simply $1+1/2x=p.

Comment

And I went ahead and took the liberty of sending a billion points over to Bringer for his correct answer myself.

What also are points good for than sending them around?

Maybe I'll go make a donation to the Point Giver while I'm at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  If you don't know the price beforehand, p=x(e.g. as in 1/2x+$1=p), how is this proper?
                  Use only one variable to represent the cost or price. You may use p or x. The complete solution without jumps would be

let x = cost

1+1/2 x = x
                  1 = x -1/2 x
                  1 = 1/2 x
                  1/2 x = 1
                  2[1/2 x = 1]2
                  x = 2

Comment

As uncle kadyo has already demonstrated the answer is 2.

However the way the question is worded is deliberately confusing and counter-intuitive.
                    Last edited by deliveryman; 12-23-2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      ^^

Actually forget it, Uncle Kadyo correctly proves that the answer is correct with his formula.

I was just wondering how to solve it if you don't have the value of x (or more accurately of p[rice], which in this case p=x). I don't know the answer, but it gets into some more complex math, I think. For instance, if the values were much more complex than simply $1+1/2x=p.
                      You are actually looking for an arithmetic solution and I can't think of one right now.

But let me try. If half the cost plus one is equal to the cost, then half the cost is one. Ergo, the cost is 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X