Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1billion points If You Can Solve This Math Problem!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    As uncle kadyo has already demonstrated the answer is 2.

However the way the question is worded is deliberately confusing and counter-intuitive.
    I just posted a worded solution, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      I just posted a worded solution, what do you think?
      Perfect.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

If a game is priced at $1 but the cost of the game equal to the price plus half of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        Perfect.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

If a game is priced at $1 but the cost of the game equal to the price plus half of the cost.
        Putting the word price will result into confusion. The original problem never mentioned the word price.

Comment

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
          Noob question sorry guys but how do you get points on here and what can you do with them?
          I'd give you a billion if you answer this question properly, in at least 100 words, who's your favorite fighter and why?
          You are actually looking for an arithmetic solution and I can't think of one right now.

But let me try. If half the cost plus one is equal to the cost, then half the cost is one. Ergo, the cost is 2.
          What I'm thinking about is if the question were, instead of
          A game costs 1 dollars plus half of its cost, how much does the game cost?
          A game costs 1 dollars plus 0.15 of its cost, how much does the game cost?
          can you still solve it with this method?

Or if it is

A game costs 1 dollars plus its cost minus $2, how much does the game cost?
          I don't know if the latter question is mathematically feasible or not. It may not be, I haven't checked.

And I'm just asking. Not a loaded question, or a case that I already know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            What I'm thinking about is if the question were, instead of

can you still solve it with this method?

Or if it is

I don't know if the latter question is mathematically feasible or not. It may not be, I haven't checked.

And I'm just asking. Not a loaded question, or a case that I already know the answer.
            JUst came back from a party. the questons

and

A game costs 1 dollars plus its cost minus $2, how much does the game cost?

aren't compete sentences before the questions so there's no way to resolve them mathematically with definite answers but they have infinite solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by SugerSean70 View Post
              Im sure you know Uncle Kad is a math wizard. You coulda just pm'd him the math problem and he woulda solved it Didnt even need a thread bout it.

And if you didnt know he was a math wizard...........Now you know, and knowing is half the battle..........................

Comment

I say they are asking you to pay 1.50 screw the fancy mathematics. They're only getting a dollar fifty from me or I'm calling the manager and suing for false advertising.

Anyway

3 men go into a hotel.
                The man behind the desk said the room is $30 so each man paid $10 and went to the room.
                A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25 so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5.
                On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men, so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.
                This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27 add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29. Where is the other dollar?

Comment

Working...
                X