No announcement yet.

Yeah, So I'm Getting A Divorce.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Never understood why people say this - it just isnt true. For instance, ricin poisoning cripples someone - and if they do live, they are ruined for life. Also, applies to most bioweapons.
    it's an expression not to be taken literally.

Comment

Sucks for now, T but things get better, trust me.

Comment

Never understood why people say this - it just isnt true. For instance, ricin poisoning cripples someone - and if they do live, they are ruined for life. Also, applies to most bioweapons.
        It's just a cliche, don't take it so literally

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          i just want to know how anybody can decide to just leave their kids, and what sort of parent encourages this.
          She's most likely seen as disgracing her family and in Indian families they have a caste system. So family pride is a very important value. I think it's a disgrace that they allow their daughter to mother 3 kids with T before deciding that it's not right.

There are stories over here of parents killing their daughters because they are in relationships with non-Indian folk and arranged marriages is still a big problem. But that's just an idea of how far they'll go to keep their family image 'clean'.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            it's an expression not to be taken literally.
            Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            It's just a cliche, don't take it so literally
            I can tell fight_prof is British and you're North Americans...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              She's most likely seen as disgracing her family and in Indian families they have a caste system. So family pride is a very important value. I think it's a disgrace that they allow their daughter to mother 3 kids with T before deciding that it's not right.

There are stories over here of parents killing their daughters because they are in relationships with non-Indian folk and arranged marriages is still a big problem. But that's just an idea of how far they'll go to keep their family image 'clean'.
              As someone of similar culture (Pakistani), sadly this is true. There is a massive preference for marrying the same culture or closely allied culture (I know some Pakistani-Indian couples for instance). Also, caste system (esp in India) means the black community is looked down upon. Ironic as 70% of Indians are very dark.

Comment

Damn, Terrel.

Nothing I could possibly say would be of any solace to you right now, and you know me better than to expect a moral pep talk or meaningless platitudes. So here : Watch Daenerys eat a horse's heart and pretend it's your soon-to-be ex's instead.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

i know. in our highly populated Indian areas we have the odd 'honour' killing. mainly over class.

i just mean that after years of being with kids how can just walk away? i always thought genetic instinct was much stronger than wants/needs.

Comment

Maybe pressure from her folks?

Comment

As someone of similar culture (Pakistani), sadly this is true. There is a massive preference for marrying the same culture or closely allied culture (I know some Pakistani-Indian couples for instance). Also, caste system (esp in India) means the black community is looked down upon. Ironic as 70% of Indians are very dark.
                      That's every culture, they prefer we marry our own. In place like the US and Britain, it's not as taboo because we are so diverse

My own mom wants me to marry a nice Russian/Ukrainian-American Jewish girl but there's a fat chance if that happening. Plus my mom married a Puerto Rican man

Comment

Working...
                      X