No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    i'm not shallow and/or ignorant, i'm not saying they are all lazy but a big percentage of them are, look around you.
    Obama's campaign in California was funded by movie stars.
    That's like me saying most people who voted for Romney are white racist religious zealots. You sound ignorant, throw away the shovel and stop digging.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I don't think you actually believe that
      I don't do opinions my good friend. I just go by articles I read on economic indicators. I was reading Bloomberg the other day and they were talking about the housing market fully recovering and Jamie Dimon saying how there seems to be an economic upswinging coming in the next 4 years. Also there was talk about the person winning the election getting credit for this oncoming economic upswing. Whoever that person is (Obama) will have a party that is well equipped to win the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        god i hope you're right, man

i will be a wealthy bastard if the housing market and manufacturing turn around.

i'd be shocked if you are, though. i'll probably still be middle class and getting by, but i doubt very much that the economy will be booming.

what's the american economy doing to make you think it will boom?
        and what does the current president (and now incumbent,) do to facilitate the boom? where was the boom during the last four years?
        Maybe boom was a bit too strong a word lol. Remember how Romney kept talking about "I will create 12 more million jobs in my first term." Well most respected economists (I read this awhile back after he first said this) say in the next 4 years if nothing is done to change how things are going 12 million more jobs will be created NO MATTER WHO IS THE PRESIDENT.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          I don't do opinions my good friend. I just go by articles I read on economic indicators. I was reading Bloomberg the other day and they were talking about the housing market fully recovering and Jamie Dimon saying how there seems to be an economic upswinging coming in the next 4 years. Also there was talk about the person winning the election getting credit for this oncoming economic upswing. Whoever that person is (Obama) will have a party that is well equipped to win the next election.
          I'm not sure I believe that. I was just reading an article where economist were predicting an economic collapse because Obama got re-elected

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Maybe boom was a bit too strong a word lol. Remember how Romney kept talking about "I will create 12 more million jobs in my first term." Well most respected economists (I read this awhile back after he first said this) say in the next 4 years if nothing is done to change how things are going 12 million more jobs will be created NO MATTER WHO IS THE PRESIDENT.

there could indeed be a natural growth in the work for of 12 million over the next four years.

people are retiring later, and young people are going to be reaching working age. i can see that being the case. i certainly havn't cranked the numbers, and i'm not qualified to do something like that if i tried.

some job growth is a natural aspect of any economy. if you're not growing at a certain rate you're shrinking in comparison to your working population.

unfortunately, you're very unlikely to find unbiased media today. media outlets are owned mostly by arms the same corporations (general electric, disney, and fox are three big ones.)

like the ring being owned by goldenboy, that process creates inherent biases. if your check is coming from somebody with an agenda, on some level you've got the same agenda. we're only human.

Comment

Bloomberg? The same Bloomberg that the progressive Tyrant mayor of NYC was the head of? I'm sure their worldview isn't getting in the way of their analytical skills at all.

Jamie Dimond...the same guy who was CEO of JPMorgan during their recently publicized $2 billion trading losses. The same guy who is cahoots with the Obama Admin. A objective source for information he is.

The Housing Market recovering? How? By repeating the same mistakes that were made leading up to 2008 burst of the housing bubble. Before that happened, the same guys (experts) were touting how great the housing market was doing and are back to doing it now. That's because they have what is known as a "Indifference curve" Fetish. Graphs that indicate performance. But graphs aren't everything. You have to use deductive logic. If your solutions to the problem are the same as the ones that caused the problem in the first place...what do you think is going to happen? See: Freddie Mac

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I'm not sure I believe that. I was just reading an article where economist were predicting an economic collapse because Obama got re-elected
                wall street took a 300 point drop this morning over the reelection dont know if it evened out though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    there could indeed be a natural growth in the work for of 12 million over the next four years.

people are retiring later, and young people are going to be reaching working age. i can see that being the case. i certainly havn't cranked the numbers, and i'm not qualified to do something like that if i tried.

some job growth is a natural aspect of any economy. if you're not growing at a certain rate you're shrinking in comparison to your working population.

unfortunately, you're very unlikely to find unbiased media today. media outlets are owned mostly by arms the same corporations (general electric, disney, and fox are three big ones.)

like the ring being owned by goldenboy, that process creates inherent biases. if your check is coming from somebody with an agenda, on some level you've got the same agenda. we're only human.
                    If 12 million jobs get created (real jobs that is, not phony..seasonal jobs or Census jobs or part-time Infrastructure bill jobs), it will be in spite of Obama's proposals. In this Govt. regulated environment we live in, the Free Market is like an immune system of a drug addict. It's still working and trying to keep you going for the next day, but it's getting slower and slower. The drugs (regulation, potential higher taxation, inflation) are getting in the way of it.

When Romney says that he will create 12 mill jobs, I'm assuming he means that 12 million jobs is what he expects will get created on their own, simply if he eases the way of doing business by getting the hell out of the way. Hence their strategy to use Obama's "You didn't build that" line against him.

The jobs and the productivity build themselves, in isolated incidents... business by business, employer by employer. Not some collective central machine that pumps out millions of jobs all over the place at once, and if that machine fails, all Domino's collapse at once. Usually in the Free Market, if one business fails.... all the others don't necessarily fail as well, as it happens with Banking and other institutions that have close ties to Govt.

Comment

Apparently Skillspaybills has sent me a very angry Red K message, spewing vile, hateful, racist stuff and something about a Obama bucks.

Calm down.....your President was reelected as expected. Behave now.

Comment

Working...
                      X