Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who say God isnt real,why cant we create a universe ourselves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    but who made gravity??
    That was John Mayer

Comment

thats all i wanted you to say "YOU DONT KNOW" thank you
      Well of course I don't know but neither do you.

Pretending your ability to jump to conclusions based on no logic whatsoever amounts to intelligence is flat out silly. You seem to be acting like you're a crusader over science or something.

In reality the case of "I don't know so God did it." Has been around since people could talk and each new thing humans "don't know" gets discovered or a theory for it emerges and they have to find something else to not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        No I want people to make the line between faith and fact clearer.

Speculate what you want but don't declare it as fact unless you have something to back it up.
        So you want people having faith to acknowledge their faith are merely speculations?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bronerobron View Post
            So you want people having faith to acknowledge their faith are merely speculations?
            In terms of their scientific meaning, yes. Not in terms of their personal meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              In terms of their scientific meaning, yes. Not in terms of their personal meaning.
              So you expect those people to devalue their faith?
              how does one separate this personal meaning vs a scientific one?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bronerobron View Post
                  So you expect those people to devalue their faith?
                  how does one separate this personal meaning vs a scientific one?
                  Well what I'm trying to say is:

"I personally believe that we were created by our Lord God."
                  It's a spiritual belief and you've not put forward any evidence, showing that it's purely a personal feeling that you have.

"Due to scientific fact, or lack of, I believe that we were created by our Lord God."
                  You've tried to prove the something that cannot be proved using the scientific method or theory, that is fundamentally wrong. When you do this and back something up using science it has to be justified in a reasonable way.

These are two separate things.

For the record I believe/speculate we are the product of something but I don't think it has any involvement in my life.

Comment

Math is not an opinion, wtf lol. If you can use a formula to recreate what you're trying to get to/find out...that's a fact. You proved it. Blind faith is awful. To say everything is created by someone..but then go "No, the creator wasnt created he just poofed into existence " is kind of silly imo. Especially when you're discrediting someone else's theory of evolution and saying "what you think it just happened out of nothing!?". Seriously, wtf. I get it, blind faith... But at least be consistent and try to make sense.

Comment

thats all i wanted you to say "YOU DONT KNOW" thank you
                      No one knows but out of all the theories, 'god did it' is by far the weakest and laziest explanation.

Maybe the tooth fairy did take my baby teeth under my pillow when I slept as a child. And maybe Santa did leave presents under the Xmas tree.

Comment

Working...
                      X