No announcement yet.

Amber Lyon Former CNN Journalist Says Obama Admin. Is Jailing Journalists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Therefore gentlemen we may conclude that the claim in this thread is untrue. The conclusion is based on three key points:

1. Nowhere else is the claim that "Obama is jailing journalists" made, not even on Alex Jones' own websites.

2. The TS is unwilling or unable to provide further details of the content of the video or even provide an indication as to where in the video the relevant section to the claim may be found.

3. When questioned about the particulars the response is a fallacious appeal to authority, in this case chiding me for daring to question the words of a "former CNN journalist" (despite being unwilling to state what this CNN journalist actually said).

In this case "there's nothing to see here" literally means "there's nothing to see". If there was something there then it would be gleefully revealed.

QED
    You worthless cum guzzling queen. You can watch the video for your damn self or you can shut the f@k up. Your the same type of trash who would have let Hitler run your country if you were german. Government said it so thats it dont question anything. I never said shes 100% right I didnt even agree with her statements. I posted a damn vid a I thought was interesting but because it questions gov authority to your pea brain good ol cpt. saveaho dont question authority comes along to either disprove or at the very least doubt it so that means it evens out and the house ie the government wins on a tie. You didnt do no damn research for yourself and automatically assumed it was false. Your such a lemming. And for the record she does name a journalist that it happened to so you can watch the vid for yourself.

Comment

That doesn't reveal the names of any journalists jailed because they didn't reveal their sources.
      The world is built on lies, those with power get it by lying......that premise alone lends a shed of credibility to her story in lieu of the "evidence". Not concrete of course but plausible, more so than thinking the government would be above such a tactic.

The media is a powerful weapon, one of the most powerful weapons in the world. Which media networks do you prefer to watch? Why do you choose to watch the networks that you choose to watch as opposed to others if they are all basically reporting the same "news"? After all, reporting the news is just reporting the facts.

Comment

By the way there was one very celebrated case of a journalist being jailed for not revealing her sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Miller

This happened in 2005 under the Bush administration. Not the Obama administration. It also made international news headlines.
        This I can understand, she disclosed what is highly sensitive classified information and subsequently endangering personnel on ongoing operations.

It's hard for me to accept anything from Infowars/Alex Jones. He once claimed that the Japanese earthquake/tsunami was somehow a US government retaliation for what the Japanese did to Pearl Harbor. Ok maybe the last part wasn't exactly a 100% true but this is along the lines of some of the ridiculous claims he's made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          You worthless cum guzzling queen.
          At least you address the substance of my argument instead of producing petty personal insults.

You can watch the video for your damn self or you can shut the f@k up.
          I'll watch the relevant section once you tell me what it is. I'm not going to watch the whole thing and neither is anyone else. Here's what I suspect: There is no mention in any other venue, including infowars, of Obama's administration jailing journalists because there is not mention in the video either. You're relying on the fact that people will believe you without watching the video because if they did then they'd find out, after 45 minutes of tortuous Jones-listening, it was horseballs.

You can easily prove me wrong. You won't. But you could.

Your the same type of trash who would have let Hitler run your country if you were german.
          You mean like... the German people in the 1930s? Here's a question: If, in the unlikely event you actually believe this garbage, the Obama administration is JAILING journalists for refusing to name their sources, what exactly are you doing about it? Posting youtube videos on boxing websites? You're doing a shit-ton of fuck-all about it. Your country is being run by an unprecedented TYRANT and you're not even willing to provide a timestamp for the video. That is WAY too much effort!

What a brave young man you are, fighting for the good of humanity by doing absolutely nothing that will expose you to any risks at all.

Government said it so thats it dont question anything. I never said shes 100% right I didnt even agree with her statements.
          Yet you defended it like someone had pissed in your vagina.

I posted a damn vid a I thought was interesting but because it questions gov authority to your pea brain good ol cpt. saveaho dont question authority comes along to either disprove or at the very least doubt it so that means it evens out and the house ie the government wins on a tie. You didnt do no damn research for yourself and automatically assumed it was false. Your such a lemming.
          So because I fail to immediately fawn over any bullturds that pop out of Alex Jones' fat hillbilly mouth I'm a "lemming"?

And for the record she does name a journalist that it happened to so you can watch the vid for yourself.
          Was that journalist called Judith Miller? Maybe it's just you, maybe you're confused.

I'm watching the video now. They're talking about Bahrain, which is certainly an interesting subject. Alex Jones keeps interjecting with utterly stupid things like "Anderson Cooper is CIA and that's been proven" that Amber Lyon is willing to overlook for some reason.

So far the story is that Bahrain is paying CNN to create news content. Oh now Alex has just told Amber that there are generals who are always at CNN making sure that people tow the line. She just told him there wasn't. He is such a bullshit merchant. Fifteen minutes in and I'm on the second commercial break. Came back from the break and Jones blathered on about people being shot in the head while she looked confused. Eventually he gave her an opportunity to speak saying "Break that down for us" at which point she ignored him and talked about Bahrain again. Alex mentioned "journalists being arrested for exposing crimes" but named no-one.

No he's talking about the TSA and the No Fly List. Apparently a journalist was put on the No Fly list. She just ruined any credibility she had by telling Alex he's not a conspiracy theorist. Ask him about chemtrails, Amber.

From 21 minutes - James Risen? That's the name. Subpoena for journos going after sources.

You owe me 21 minutes, ****.

Anyway James Risen received a subpoena from the Bush administration following work on the National Security Agency - in relation to Jeffrey Sterling, a CIA officer who had his Top Security clearance revoked after he gave information to a journalist. This subpoena was renewed by the Obama government. The subpoena was entirely related to the Sterling case, Risen is in the process of fighting it. If the subpoena is not quashed and Risen still refuses to testify he risks being jailed.

It's not quite as exciting as "Obama sending journalists to jail" and it isn't anywhere close to "journalist charged under espionage act". I suspect that Jones hasn't decided to pounce on this one because he doesn't fully understand it. Far more saleable to shout "FEMA CAMPS!" and "PLASTIC COFFINS!" while selling stupid bumper stickers to ******s.

Lyon's message was about Bahrain, though it seems she has taken a turn for the wacky looking at her website

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          The world is built on lies, those with power get it by lying......that premise alone lends a shed of credibility to her story in lieu of the "evidence".
          So I should automatically believe, by default, any crackpot utterance of the most deranged conspiracy theorist ever to masturbate on a street corner on the basis that "the world is built on lies"?

Not concrete of course but plausible, more so than thinking the government would be above such a tactic.
          Arresting journalists is very plausible. It happens in Russia, China, Venezuela, Iran, any of the "Arab Spring" nations, Zimbabwe... the trouble is that strongarm despots arresting journos and dissidents in troubled countries is at best ignored or at worst applauded by the kind of dipshits who shout the loudest about the US issuing subpoenas for journalists to testify.

The media is a powerful weapon, one of the most powerful weapons in the world. Which media networks do you prefer to watch? Why do you choose to watch the networks that you choose to watch as opposed to others if they are all basically reporting the same "news"? After all, reporting the news is just reporting the facts.
          News is mostly entertainment nowadays. I usually watch CP24 because it's local to Toronto and they have the weather and traffic report. I tend to learn about the world around me using numerous sources including the BBC, newspaper websites, local radio and the like. There's this crazy myth among wackaloons that everyone picks their favourite news channel and believes it without question. I think that this myth exists because said wackaloons pick their own favourite news channel like Russia Today or Prison Planet or some doofy blog and believe it without question.

Most people don't really care about the real world. I do. That's why I feel the need to counter misinformation and stupidity on this forum. If at least one person can be convinced to cast a critical eye over some bizarre claim then at least I'm having some sort of influence.

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          I wouldn't be surprised if obama is/was jailing journalists considering he signed a bill that allows indefinite detention of US citizens without being convicted of a crime...and you get no trial by jury. it's called the National Defense Authorization Act ..
          The National Defence Authorization Act is something which is signed every single year by every single President. It authorises the budget and expenditures of the Department of Defence for the year.

If you bothered to actually find out about the world then you wouldn't make this stupid error.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            true. did you see him run down Kunta Kinte in the movie Roots? looked like Juice was running and Levar Burton was standing still.
            yeah but levar burton is blind. at least he was on star trek.

i'm pretty sure you wouldn't run as fast as you could if you can't see where you going.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              yeah but levar burton is blind. at least he was on star trek.

i'm pretty sure you wouldn't run as fast as you could if you can't see where you going.

Comment

I'll make a shorter summary for those not paying attention: At the 21 minute mark Amber talks about James Risen who has been subpoenaed to testify against Jeffrey Sterling who is being prosecuted under the 1917 espionage act for revealing State secrets to, among others, a journalist - James Risen.

Obama is not "jailing journalists".

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post

It's hard for me to accept anything from Infowars/Alex Jones. He once claimed that the Japanese earthquake/tsunami was somehow a US government retaliation for what the Japanese did to Pearl Harbor.
                  dem nips had it coming.

remember the arizona!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    section 1021 of the 2012 NDAA that obama signed now allows for indefinite detention of US citizens by the military on US soil (so us military acting as police on US soil)...they receive no trial or anything...this is something new that wasn't in the previous bills.
                    Section 1021 affirmed the laws in the Authorisation for Use of Military Force law passed in 2001.

Comment

Section 1021 affirmed the laws in the Authorisation for Use of Military Force law passed in 2001.
                      that's section 1021 (a) ..section 1021 (b)(2) is the one that would allow for
                      the indefinite detention of US citizens on US soil by the military..the military acting as police to detain US citizens and without trial. this is something new...

there are currently a group of lawyers, plaintiffs, and civil liberties advocates trying to fight this NDAA bill specifically the indefinite detention of US citizens on US soil part of it...should read up on their IAMA on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...llsberg_other/)

they also have a website set up with more info (https://www.stopndaa.org/aboutLawsuit)...

Comment

Working...
                      X