No announcement yet.

Tom Brady is the greatest qb of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Leaving out the part that the teams Soloman played on by and large ran more than they passed; while in Ginn's only three significant seasons (all with Miami) his team passed significantly more than it ran.

Poet
    Yes tedd ginn's best seasons with cleo lemon as his qb, old and way over the hill trent green, old pennington who had been broken down by numerous shoulder surgeries, and chad henne. Have you forgotten that is also during the time the dolphins ran the wildcat? How could tedd ginn NOT put up great stats under those circumstances, jesus he had it so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
      Yes tedd ginn's best seasons with cleo lemon as his qb, old and way over the hill trent green, old pennington who had been broken down by numerous shoulder surgeries, and chad henne. Have you forgotten that is also during the time the dolphins ran the wildcat? How could tedd ginn NOT put up great stats under those circumstances, jesus he had it so easy.
      The first time Soloman had 50 catches he was being thrown to by Steve ****in' DeBerg for crying out loud.

Ginn's 50 catch season the Dolphins threw 43 more times than they ran. Soloman's 50 catch season with Montana? The 49ers ran 43 more times than they threw. Ginn's Dolphins had more completions that year than the 49ers did as well. More passes = more completions = more catches for receivers.

Poet

Comment

The first time Soloman had 50 catches he was being thrown to by Steve ****in' DeBerg for crying out loud.

Ginn's 50 catch season the Dolphins threw 43 more times than they ran. Soloman's 50 catch season with Montana? The 49ers ran 43 more times than they threw. Ginn's Dolphins had more completions that year than the 49ers did as well. More passes = more completions = more catches for receivers.

Poet
        Steve deberg is much better than cleo lemon, what does that tell you? You are only bringing up one season from solomon's career. When solomon had 57 catches with deberg, the niners threw over 100 times more than they ran, does that compare to ginn? When solomon had 48 catches the next year, the niners threw almost 200 more times than they ran, thoughts?

Comment

Steve deberg is much better than cleo lemon, what does that tell you? You are only bringing up one season from solomon's career. When solomon had 57 catches with deberg, the niners threw over 100 times more than they ran, does that compare to ginn? When solomon had 48 catches the next year, the niners threw almost 200 more times than they ran, thoughts?
          Because you specifically made the point that Soloman had Joe Montana throwing to him. Hence '81 when he actually DID have Montana throwing to him.

I'm guessing you don't remember DeBerg but he was God awful. I know. I watched pretty much his entire career. BTW, Chad Pennington was throwing to Ginn the year he caught 50 NOT Cleo Lemon.

So lets take a look:

Chad Pennington '08: 97.4 QB rating 67.4 completion percentage

Vs.

Steve DeBerg '79: 73.1 QB rating, 60.0 completion percentage

Now, what were you saying again?

Poet

Comment

Because you specifically made the point that Soloman had Joe Montana throwing to him. Hence '81 when he actually DID have Montana throwing to him.

I'm guessing you don't remember DeBerg but he was God awful. I know. I watched pretty much his entire career. BTW, Chad Pennington was throwing to Ginn the year he caught 50 NOT Cleo Lemon.

So lets take a look:

Chad Pennington '08: 97.4 QB rating 67.4 completion percentage

Vs.

Steve DeBerg '79: 73.1 QB rating, 60.0 completion percentage

Now, what were you saying again?

Poet
            Lol you only picked pennington, yet does he compare to montana? And didn't you say the rules were so much different so passing would be easier? So why are you comparing pennington's STATS in 08 to deberg's? That's the thing, your argument wont work because it will just contradict itself. You either think it's a bad qb, or it's the rules and system now. Now deberg is god awful right? Why does he have a better qb rating and completion percentage than some qb's in the 2000s? Is there a such thing beyond god awful or are you just being a drama queen?

Comment

He is top 5 for sure, there is no definitive GOAT. But if I had to chose I'd go with P.Manning. Even Ray Lewis says he's the greatest to ever play the position.

Comment

Lol you only picked pennington, yet does he compare to montana? And didn't you say the rules were so much different so passing would be easier? So why are you comparing pennington's STATS in 08 to deberg's? That's the thing, your argument wont work because it will just contradict itself. You either think it's a bad qb, or it's the rules and system now. Now deberg is god awful right? Why does he have a better qb rating and completion percentage than some qb's in the 2000s? Is there a such thing beyond god awful or are you just being a drama queen?
                I already used the Montana example but you brought up a season where Montana wasn't the QB. So I've used that example and now you want to go back to the season where Montana was QB? LOL! Which is it? Here's the problem. Every time I give you an example of why 50+ catches means a hell of a lot more when Soloman played you move the goalposts! You change the question. I'm sorry but you're just engaging in spin to try and justify making a ridiculous comparison between Soloman and Ginn. No sale :cool9:

Poet

Comment

I already used the Montana example but you brought up a season where Montana wasn't the QB. So I've used that example and now you want to go back to the season where Montana was QB? LOL! Which is it? Here's the problem. Every time I give you an example of why 50+ catches means a hell of a lot more when Soloman played you move the goalposts! You change the question. I'm sorry but you're just engaging in spin to try and justify making a ridiculous comparison between Soloman and Ginn. No sale :cool9:

Poet
                  Only one season, wow so much different. You can try and act like it's so much different. Deberg was the qb one season, montana was the qb in his BEST season. So solomon only puts up numbers when they throw over 150 times more on average, or he has montana as his qb. Now tell me, how is that better than ginn? Ginn has a lot of talent, especially when he came out of college.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                    Peyton is the greatest qb of all-time. Not even an argument honestly.
                    What?

Because he's a stats whore. My friend greatness in football isn't based on your regular season stats alone it's based on if you're a winner. Tom did more with less that's indisputable. Payton had some of the best receivers in the league during he past 10 years, plus a good defense and with all that...1 Super Bowl.

The man is good but he's highly overrated.

Comment

I would love to agree, but last year killed that argument. If the Patriots win last year's Super Bowl, I would have driven the campaign bus saying Brady is the best ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X