Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I dreamt that I was awake, but when I woke up, I found that I was asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      I'll leave the religious discussion to the smarter people on here.

What I can't wrap my head around is the afterlife, or lack thereof.

Imagine the longest, deepest sleep you can imagine. But you never wake up from that sleep, to have a thought about the slumber you just had. You can't think to yourself, "Hey, I had a pretty good sleep, no nightmares, no dream at all.", while rubbing the sleep from your eyes, and your next thought being about brushing your teeth, and jumping in the shower.

You have no conscious thought, and you never wake up to analyze why you have no conscious thought.

I think I need to go eat a bowl of cheerios, and go to sleep.
      Where are the 72 virgins bro?

Comment

If there was a god, he would have killed us for our "sinning".

You must realise, all this **** is just a way of getting you to do what other people think is right. In reality, you can do whatever and get away with it IF YOU'RE SMART.

There is nothing right or wrong, it's just feelings. Karma doesn't exist, nor does "divine punishment". e.g. I could go out and kill someone right now and if I escaped the authorities, I would live a happy life and nothing would happen to me. Think of all the people who've screwed people over and became rich and lived happily ever after. It happens all the time, it's just emotions that make people want the "bad guys" to "pay the price".

And to counter all your arguments:

Evolution.

Nuff said

Comment

^^thought process of a low life scum. no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. bojangles View Post
            ^^thought process of a low life scum. no rules.
            You're one of those people I was referring to that let their emotions blind them from the facts.

Reality is a *****, you just have to accept it.

Comment

Every thing you listed ecspecially the aliens and long life will make people believe even more.

They'll say god has given us the gift of long life just like in the bible.

And god created aliens so we won't be alone. Blah blah.

I believe in god but some things I just can't give credit for.
              If there is aliens I believe they would have there own god.

Comment

Originally posted by Coņito View Post

You must realise, all this **** is just a way of getting you to do what other people think is right. In reality, you can do whatever and get away with it IF YOU'RE SMART.

There is nothing right or wrong, it's just feelings. Karma doesn't exist, nor does "divine punishment". e.g. I could go out and kill someone right now and if I escaped the authorities, I would live a happy life and nothing would happen to me. Think of all the people who've screwed people over and became rich and lived happily ever after. It happens all the time, it's just emotions that make people want the "bad guys" to "pay the price".

Nuff said
                Most people that kill people are never the same it eats at their conscious.

Comment

Originally posted by Coņito View Post

Evolution.

Nuff said
                  ^^^ i believe this to be true.

Comment

Some Atheists put their faith in science and man.

Religious people put their faith in God.

Thats all I see in these type of threads which is why I dont get into them anymore. The Atheist side push thier views just as hard as Religious people push their views. They end up sounding just like each other.

Nothing to see here. Same old lounge BS.
                    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-21-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                      You can't prove there is a god, and you can't prove there isnt. Just live your life and stop trying to change people's minds.
                      Zinggggggggggggggggg

Comment

Working...
                      X