Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
    People will believe whatever the person with power tells them to believe. Thats how religion got started in the first place.

haha you got a point but what are atheist selling?? Eternal life in heaven isn't exactly hard to sell to chimps. Atheists offer the cold truth and that is a pill many would and could not swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
      You can there is a god, and you can't prove there isnt. Just live your life and stop trying to change people's minds.
      End superstition which causes unnecessary suffering.

I respect a great many religious people, some of whom are in this forum. Religion does not cause them to do bad things at all, and I am happy for them to believe what they want.

But too many bad things are happening in the name of God, and something should be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
        You can there is a god, and you can't prove there isnt. Just live your life and stop trying to change people's minds.
        that's how people who dont believe try to live their lives except that religious people like to dictate rules & policy in conjunction with their religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
          haha you got a point but what are atheist selling?? Eternal life in heaven isn't exactly hard to sell to chimps. Atheists offer the cold truth and that is a pill many would and could not swallow.
          I dont think most people turn to religion for the good it can do for them, they do it out of fear. Put enough fear in a person and most of the times their beliefs will change drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            End superstition which causes unnecessary suffering.

I respect a great many religious people, some of whom are in this forum. Religion does not cause them to do bad things at all, and I am happy for them to believe what they want.

But too many bad things are happening in the name of God, and something should be done.
            I respect you too my non believer friend...

I believe in God and Guns...

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
              I dont think most people turn to religion for the good it can do for them, they do it out of fear. Put enough fear in a person and most of the times their beliefs will change drastically.
              people want to live forever. non believers want to use science & technology to get there.

religious zealots want take over women's ******* & blow **** up because somebody made a satirical joke on their adult santa claus.

Comment

Wayne Gretzky walked on water :|

Comment

If you understood why religious people are religious, then you would realise its not about convincing them with any type of evidence, or logic or rationale argument.

And it seems from this and every other thread on religion, that people really dont understand why people are religious or how it works.

Comment

so if there is no God how was life created and why??how was something made from nothing?why are we intelligent and other species arnt?

Comment

I'll leave the religious discussion to the smarter people on here.

What I can't wrap my head around is the afterlife, or lack thereof.

Imagine the longest, deepest sleep you can imagine. But you never wake up from that sleep, to have a thought about the slumber you just had. You can't think to yourself, "Hey, I had a pretty good sleep, no nightmares, no dream at all.", while rubbing the sleep from your eyes, and your next thought being about brushing your teeth, and jumping in the shower.

You have no conscious thought, and you never wake up to analyze why you have no conscious thought.

I think I need to go eat a bowl of cheerios, and go to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X