No announcement yet.

Nasa Mars rover makes detailed crater image

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    we wont be leaving the solar system with anything manned while you and i are alive. even the closest stars are a few lightyears away. i'd be shocked if human beings can ever make it that far. by that stage we'll have almost infinite capacities to destroy each other and the planet.

thats 300 million meters per second for an entire year, or almost 700 million mph, for an entire year. that's a long way.

proxima centauri, the closest neighbor to our sun, is more than four lightyears away.

getting there in a manned spacecraft would be a greater undertaking than the sum of ever other human undertaking.

that nasa even made it to mars is beyond me. hats off to those hard working sob's.
    I thought Obama said he wants a manned space mission by 2019.

Comment

This is in Nevada fellas creepy similar

below is mars

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        I thought Obama said he wants a manned space mission by 2019.

i'm not sure what you're talking about when you say a "manned space mission," but if he's implying that we're sending men outside of the solar system he's misinformed. it is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
          quoting without linking is indeed copying hoping you don't get caught. At least breakbeat provides links, even if they're from dailymac.
          No it isn't. My lines clearly showed ignorance when I talked about the Quakes. I didn't provide a link but that doesn't mean I tried to claim it as my own. Just by reading the article it is from someone pretty knowledgeable on the subject. I did not claim it as my own and never intended to.

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          Obviously this is a simulation (they didn't have a news crew actually filming the landing LOL) but you get the idea. This is how everything worked though. Pretty neat. This is the first time they've landed a craft like this.

You didn't provide a link, thus making it look like you were trying to take credit for it. Am I to assume that you didn't write this either because you didn't "say you wrote this piece?"
          I can see how that mistake happened, but I can assure you I did not claim it as my own. I just copied and pasted it to show how difficult it is. I certainly wouldn't write that whole piece or have the knowledge to do so.

Just Sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
            No it isn't. My lines clearly showed ignorance when I talked about the Quakes. I didn't provide a link but that doesn't mean I tried to claim it as my own. Just by reading the article it is from someone pretty knowledgeable on the subject. I did not claim it as my own and never intended to.

I can see how that mistake happened, but I can assure you I did not claim it as my own. I just copied and pasted it to show how difficult it is. I certainly wouldn't write that whole piece or have the knowledge to do so.

Just Sayin'.
            I actually enjoyed that bit that you posted. It had some good info and was a good contribution to the thread. Just post a link next time and nobody will accuse you of anything.

It would be extremely difficult to life there, no doubt but I don't think it's a waste of money sending the rover there. I find it fascinating. Who knows what Curiosity will find. The pictures we've seen so far are just amazing and the quality is superb.

Comment

I actually enjoyed that bit that you posted. It had some good info and was a good contribution to the thread. Just post a link next time and nobody will accuse you of anything.

It would be extremely difficult to life there, no doubt but I don't think it's a waste of money sending the rover there. I find it fascinating. Who knows what Curiosity will find. The pictures we've seen so far are just amazing and the quality is superb.
              I usually do post a link on most of what I copy. That time I didn't and got flamed for it, but I didn't try to claim it as my own, it's far above my intelligence and even writing ability.

I do like space, looking at Galaxies etc... and just the sheer size of the Universe etc is amazing. The stars we see in the sky, or galaxies are probably dead since the light has taken so long to reach us, and that also amazes me.

However, there is the other side for me, some are looking at going to space and spending all this money, yet so much can be done to save lives with money. It in some ways just shows how we humans can lack charity. There are loads who die on Earth because of a simple thing as not having clean water and a water pump given to that village would save so many people.

One thing about this is, Scientists are so focussed on showing the World that there is water on Mars etc... but even if they get a sample, it doesn't seem to mean much since it's something we know already.

Sometimes I feel that these obviously extremely smart people at NASA could design things that would help Earth such as the melting Ice or Global warming.

But anyway, nice pictures indeed, I read it takes ages to get the pics sent because each pic is 3MB and they build it together.

Comment

Honestly who gives a fck if he plaigiarized a post.Half the threads i see on here or on nsb are plaigiarized like the whole Watson Twins thread in nsb was taken from esb.
                Last edited by MARKBNLV; 08-14-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Oh dear Mark, ESB is the dark side.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    we wont be leaving the solar system with anything manned while you and i are alive. even the closest stars are a few lightyears away. i'd be shocked if human beings can ever make it that far. by that stage we'll have almost infinite capacities to destroy each other and the planet.

thats 300 million meters per second for an entire year, or almost 700 million mph, for an entire year. that's a long way.

proxima centauri, the closest neighbor to our sun, is more than four lightyears away.

getting there in a manned spacecraft would be a greater undertaking than the sum of ever other human undertaking.

that nasa even made it to mars is beyond me. hats off to those hard working sob's.
                    Proxima Centauri, Wolf 359 and Barnard's star are red dwarves and flare stars, there could be no life-sustaining planets orbiting them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flare_stars

Alpha Centauri is a double with two stars (A and B) that have a close and erratic orbit, I can't imagine any life-sustaining planets there.

Sirius is a class A star with a shorter "life" than the sun and has a companion white dwarf that expanded into a red giant at one time, so no life-sustaining planets there.

The nearest star that realistically could have life-sustaining planets is about 20 light years away. It has at least 3 planets, but lower metallicity than the sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/82_Eridani

But farther out, there's even better places to search. Here's a stable G star like the sun at 50 light years that has had a planet detected, 51 Pegasi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/51_Pegasi

It is estimated to be 6.1–8.1 billion years old, somewhat older than the Sun, with a radius 24% larger and 11% more massive. The star has a higher proportion of elements other than hydrogen/helium compared to the Sun; a quantity astronomers term a star's metallicity. Stars with higher metallicity such as this are more likely to host planets.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      Honestly who gives a fck if he plaigiarized a post.Half the threads i see on here or on nsb are plaigiarized like the whole Watson Twins thread in nsb was taken from esb.
                      He just forgot to post the link and it came off like he was writing it himself. Copying photoshop pics of the Watson's is a a little different.

Comment

Working...
                      X