• Better Avengers or Dark Knight?

Which move is over all the best movie?
    Avengers was better
    35.85%
    Dark Knight was better
    58.49%
    Did not like either
    5.66%

of course different people will have different answers... but if you are asking my opinion, theres no doubt in my mind that the dark knight rises is the superior film...

Comment

The Avengers. They set out to make a great superhero ensemble movie and they succeeded. Things got blowed up, evil was vanquished and Hulk smashed.

The Dark Knight Rises attempted to be a Very Important Film. It was about a billionaire who dresses like a goth fighting against a muscle-mary who sounds like a jolly Darth Vader.

Both films were watchable, but Avengers was much more so and wasn't crippled with self conscious worthiness.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        The Avengers. They set out to make a great superhero ensemble movie and they succeeded. Things got blowed up, evil was vanquished and Hulk smashed.

The Dark Knight Rises attempted to be a Very Important Film. It was about a billionaire who dresses like a goth fighting against a muscle-mary who sounds like a jolly Darth Vader.

Both films were watchable, but Avengers was much more so and wasn't crippled with self conscious worthiness.
        Haven't seen either yet but for some reason I'm inclined to believe this post. Furthermore I was never really impressed with the new Batman serious after the 1st. I mean part 2 was dragged on. hell I remember when the semi blew up like an hour & a half in I was like yeah, the big finish, but that $h1t just dragged on for another ****ing hour. I was tired as hell when it got done & quite frankly I believe Heath Ledger's joker was overrated & Jack Nicholson's banged on his in the shorter, superior Batman film.

Comment

The Dark Knight was better than the Avengers in my book....

Now if you're talking about TDKR, havn't seen that one yet.
          Last edited by Manos_de_Piedra; 08-09-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Havent seen avengers. it just seems like an over the top movie that the sheep of the world lose their **** over so I chose Dark Knight. Ill watch avengers soon once I download it.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

maybe you watched the avengers the same way you watch other popcorn flicks and the dark knight rises with your "critic" hat on?

if thats the case, it becomes an unfair comparisson...

Comment

Am I the only one that hated The Avengers? It was too predictable and a little cheesy I thought TDKR was much better for me. Avengers would have been great if I was 12-16.

Comment

I fell asleep during avengers.

Comment

stripped of it's bear essentials, 10, 20 years from now when CGI goes bigger and badder and when all it counts is the story, characterisations and plot theres really no contest... the 3rd batman flick will outlast the avengers...

quick... what was the plot of the avengers again?

exactly...

Comment

Working...
                    X