Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Avengers or Dark Knight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched teh avengers last night. I have to say I was expecting better. It started ok, and just was one of those films that got no better, and was too predictable/cartoonish. It entertained me, but so did the green lantern. Will I watch it again? Not at all.

I will however a few years down the road rewatch the batman series.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Not at all. I went to see the Dark Knight with high expectations brought on by the stellar reviews and I was let down. The plot had delusions of grandeur that it didn't live up to and it was full of holes. Partly it's down to this:

All films require a suspension of disbelief to some degree or another. I mean the Avengers requires you to accept that a Norse God, a billionaire in a robot suit, a World War II enhanced soldier with wings on his ears and a mild mannered scientist who turns green and smashes stuff up when he gets angry are teaming up to save the world from thousands of Green Goblin clones from another dimension.

What Nolan's Batman films attempt to do is challenge you not to suspend disbelief. They insist that their content could be real. They insist that this is hard science fiction, not comic book action.

In short TDKR raises the bar on the realism and then jumbles together a plot full of holes and nonsense. The Avengers could have plot holes but you don't care and might not even notice. It's larger than life. Batman though insists that it is worthy and serious and cinema, so when lazy plot holes emerge they stick out.
      man... with a mindset like that i guess theres no convincing you that TDKR is the better flick...

Comment

Batman was hands down a better movie.

Comment

Working...
        X