No announcement yet.

12/21/12 is almost here. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few points here....

1. It's not just the Maya calendar or Aztec sunstone that pin points 12/21/12 as to being a significant date, also the Hopi, the Chinese I Ching, and various other civilizations around the world seem to see something significant in that date.

2. The Maya revolved their entire basis of society around time and date, they knew exactly when full moons/half moons, lunar eclipses would happen, etc, the Maya Calendar is only behind the modern calendar we use today by just six minutes, even NASA continues to study this today, the Mayans were expert astronomers and mathematicians, and so if 12/21/12 is believed to be a significant date to the Maya, it's no accident, and it most probably is significant, but not in the way doomsday sayers believe...

3. Finally, and most importantly, the Maya NEVER EVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER, freakin said that the world was going to end on 12/21/12 -_- EVER!! lol it annoys the hell out of me people perpetrating this lie, the Maya understood the cycles of life, and time periods, what they called BAKTUNS, and this current Baktun we are living, is the 13th Baktun which comes to an end on 12/21/12, but people see 'end' and they start freaking out like some tweekers... It's only an ending of a timecycle, or even an ending of an age, we entering the age of Aquarius. And it's really just that simple. Why it's so significant? The belief goes back to the ancient Olmecs who even predate the Maya, they believed 12/21/12 would usher in a great "age of enlightenment" for the human race, and so to would the Maya and azteca. 12/21/12 is going to be a good transition, but I know that's extremely difficult to believe given the state of the world right now =/

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      A few points here....

1. It's not just the Maya calendar or Aztec sunstone that pin points 12/21/12 as to being a significant date, also the Hopi, the Chinese I Ching, and various other civilizations around the world seem to see something significant in that date.

2. The Maya revolved their entire basis of society around time and date, they knew exactly when full moons/half moons, lunar eclipses would happen, etc, the Maya Calendar is only behind the modern calendar we use today by just six minutes, even NASA continues to study this today, the Mayans were expert astronomers and mathematicians, and so if 12/21/12 is believed to be a significant date to the Maya, it's no accident, and it most probably is significant, but not in the way doomsday sayers believe...

3. Finally, and most importantly, the Maya NEVER EVER, EVER EVER EVER EVER, freakin said that the world was going to end on 12/21/12 -_- EVER!! lol it annoys the hell out of me people perpetrating this lie, the Maya understood the cycles of life, and time periods, what they called BAKTUNS, and this current Baktun we are living, is the 13th Baktun which comes to an end on 12/21/12, but people see 'end' and they start freaking out like some tweekers... It's only an ending of a timecycle, or even an ending of an age, we entering the age of Aquarius. And it's really just that simple. Why it's so significant? The belief goes back to the ancient Olmecs who even predate the Maya, they believed 12/21/12 would usher in a great "age of enlightenment" for the human race, and so to would the Maya and azteca. 12/21/12 is going to be a good transition, but I know that's extremely difficult to believe given the state of the world right now =/
      Well done. People are still gonna act a fool that day, that's the danger.

Comment

A worldwide power outage on that date would definitely have most people freaking out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          A worldwide power outage on that date would definitely have most people freaking out for sure.
          Or have the emergency broadcast alert system running on every channel and radio station.

That'd be scary as fuk.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            In the event of the end of the world, Im not quite sure, but I dont think a few feet under the earth is gonna cut it.
            Probably the only thing that's likely to happen on that date is that I'll have a catastrophic gastro-intestinal apocalypse that causes me to use up the world supply of terlit paper and clog up the entire US septic system all the while inducing projectile vomiting throughout the entire human population of Washington State.....other than that nothing major will occur. Enjoy! :cool9:

Poet

Comment

So we should make sure we have plenty of beer and ice in the ice chest. The last thing you want if theres an apocalypse, is to have to send your girlfriend to the store for more beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                Well the mayans predicted a "change" to happen on that day at 11:11AM. Thousands of people really believe it. I dont think the world will end, but a "change" may take place. What that change is, I dont know.
                Thousands of people may believe it, that's because billions of people are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                  they found more more artefacts with the date on.
                  Cool.

Not that it really matters anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
                    So we should make sure we have plenty of beer and ice in the ice chest. The last thing you want if theres an apocalypse, is to have to send your girlfriend to the store for more beer.
                    lol If you find a girl that will make beer run during the end of the world for you, you better marry her!

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      A few points here....

What you have to keep in mind is a lot of beliefs get spread or come from the same source, I'm not sure there is evidence both factions reached the date independently and why did any of these civilizations leave no reasoning for this date behind?

It's a bit like 25 December being an important celebration in the Pagan calendar so it was interpreted into the bible.

I would argue the only way humans can be enlightened or change for the better is mass extermination or a visit from some super natural entity who starts moderating things a bit better. The first being much more likely than the second.

And yeah the Mayans were not better astronomers from the ground than we are with the Hubble Space Telescope, nor are they better mathematicians. I doubt they even had the concept of algebra nailed down but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X