How many miles can you run?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love running down by the lake.

Comment

I can usually do four, but if I fall out of practice and don't run for a few weeks I can only do 1 or 2 for a while until I build back up.

Good luck

Comment

I ran the 400 M in HS for track. That was the extent of my running back in the day. Haven't really ran since then (8 years ago) besides the usual weekends playing football or basketball. Have been training pretty consistently a little over a month now doing Insanity/Asylum and a little running (usually 3 or 5 miles). This past week I decided to sign up for a 12k (almost 7.5 miles) run and ran its course twice. Yesterday I clocked in at about a 9:30 pace in about 1 hours and 11 minutes...didn't know I had it in me, and it feels really good to get back in shape.

The running event is Saturday btw, so I'm hoping with the adrenaline and my competitive nature, I'll be able to push it under a 9 minute pace.

Comment

I haven't really tested myself but I plan to one day. I currently run 2 timed miles to help me stay in competitive shape for sparring/amateur boxing. I run 2 miles in 14 minutes fast paced the whole way which helps me out alot. But no matter how you run you still have to work the cardio into throwing punches so I also devote alot of energy in my boxing gym. I think I will do paced long distance running some time this summer. Ill shoot for over 10 miles and see what happens.

Comment

One mile is enough for me.....

Comment

not very many.

unless you tie a steak to my back and let a dog chase me.

Comment

none, i only power walk, a few times a week...............

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I'm starting to realize that. I personally love it, just throw on my IPod and zone out from the world, when I hit 5 miles or so I start to get that runners high. Really keeps me sane.
                  Runners high is quality it's a pity though I only get it sometme .Last week after a nightshift I got it .Chilled out 6 miler brisk pace .2 t-shirts a hoodie and a hat .I had a couple of we walk breaks as well and they were bliss.

Comment

When I was in my teens I could do 5 min miles, which pisses all over what Mayweather and Pacquiao do for their morning runs.

Used to do 5 k every day for a 2/3 years as well

But my cardio has taken a dive since then and I don't tend to run too much these days.

Can still knockout 5 k but nowhere near the pace I used to do it at.

Done a few 10 k runs, probably have it in me to do more.

You get the pace right and it just a matter of holding of the boredom.

My heart rate steadily rises for the first 20 min then after than it levels off and even drops if I keep to the same pace.

Comment

Depends on who's chasing me...

Comment

Working...
                      X