A question for you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm chillin' yoooo! I hope all is well with you Mr. M

__________________________________________________ ______

I get what you guys are saying but I mean in terms of boxers, say leading up to a fight. I know it's hard to define what is or isn't dangerous, but common sense does tell us what is more likely to get us hurt and what isn't.

I am really saddened about Paul Williams, I am kind of taking it personally in fact. I do hope they are able to help him so he can transition into the most comfortable possible recovery and life post-accident.
    Last edited by Bossy; 05-28-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

When I go, I hope it's riding a bike, woman or wave.

Reminds me of that old joke: I'd like to die peacefully, in a deep sleep, like my granddad. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        When I go, I hope it's riding a bike, woman or wave.

Reminds me of that old joke: I'd like to die peacefully, in a deep sleep, like my granddad. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

I just don't see where it ends though, if something like what Bossy is proposing becomes the norm.

What about superbike riders, Formula 1 guys, people driving 8000 + h.p. top fuel dragsters? Vehicles that are at the apex of performance with puny humans piloting them are serious bidness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

I just don't see where it ends though, if something like what Bossy is proposing becomes the norm.

What about superbike riders, Formula 1 guys, people driving 8000 + h.p. top fuel dragsters? Vehicles that are at the apex of performance with puny humans piloting them are serious bidness.
          It would be hard to tell an F1 driver not to drive, I more mean basketball players, baseball, boxers etc. Particularly boxers with a fight coming up really.
          Last edited by Bossy; 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
            It would be hard to tell an F! driver not to drive, I more mean basketball players, baseball, boxers etc. Particularly boxers with a fight coming up really.
            I hear you.

But boxing itself is a pretty dangerous sport. Death's, broken bones, concussion's, brain damage are not unheard of in this "game".

If some one is willing to look at those dangers, and try to make themselves into a world class fighter, while basically being half naked, with 20,000 people in a blood lust to see you get knocked the fuck out, I think they should be able to take a motorized bike for a spin.

You're a mother bear. You probably anguish if one of your youngling's stubs their toe.
            Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 05-28-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

The way I look at it, PWill trains like a beast so he can get his brains beat in to put on a show for us, so he can afford to do the things he loves. Like maybe riding a fast motorcycle.

But yeah, it looks like we might be headed for a world where the stuff you mentioned is verboten (too dangerous, save fuel, whatever.)

Comment

idk, but i know when amir khan was with frank warren he wasnt allowed to play football, it was in his contrct, dont know about now though.

Comment

Reading over all of the articles about the sad events surrounding Paul Williams unfortunate accident have me thinking. Knowing that he had a big fight coming up, but still did something 'dangerous' and ultimately leading to his injury, should professional athletes have clauses put in their contracts forbidding them from doing things that could be detrimental to their physical health? Not just boxers but any athlete on a professional level who makes their money via contracts they sign.

What do you guys think?
                  Like boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                    idk, but i know when amir khan was with frank warren he wasnt allowed to play football, it was in his contrct, dont know about now though.
                    I've heard some NFL player's have the same type of deal, NBA as well. You can blow out a ACL or MCL slipping on a wet surface, though.

The worlds renowned athletes should be able to cut loose every now and again.
                    If you are worried about a human as an "investment", you are probably a dirt bag, anyway.

Comment

Reading over all of the articles about the sad events surrounding Paul Williams unfortunate accident have me thinking. Knowing that he had a big fight coming up, but still did something 'dangerous' and ultimately leading to his injury, should professional athletes have clauses put in their contracts forbidding them from doing things that could be detrimental to their physical health? Not just boxers but any athlete on a professional level who makes their money via contracts they sign.

What do you guys think?
                      Yes, once the contract is in negotiations ... all risky activities should cease.

Comment

Working...
                      X