No announcement yet.

A question for you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    More than a few professional sports teams have done this, and do the same thing as far as hours their players can spend out on the town in cities like Miami.

So many athletes get in motorcycle wrecks, I hate to restrict an adult from doing something, but if I'm paying you millions I don't want you on a motorcycle.
    See that's what I was thinking.

Especially when a lot of these guys have disposable income and a loy of 'yes' people in their lives along for the free ride. Restricting them may be for their own good?

Comment

Those contracts already exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
        Those contracts already exist.
        But should it be mandatory is my question and do you know of any boxers who have signed to such terms?

Comment

Many athletes do sign such contracts but i think it is way too restricting

Live and let live

Some people dont regret dying doing something they love

Comment

It's impossible to make it mandatory because there isn't any definition of what's dangerous. Also, a boxing commission has no business regulating that. It's between the people who make the contract.

Comment

No.

I understand why people who vote yes, but you can get killed walking your doggie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tdOKkg76XH0

LIFE is dangerous.

Comment

It would be tough to say something is too dangerous to do while it is legal.

Although it is frowned upon for athletes under contract to play pick up sports like basketball or football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
                  Hi John!

It does seem extreme telling adults of sound mind what they can/cannot do with their bodies, but I am viewing this strictly from a business point of view. The investment made into these athletes based on their physical performance and the revenue it generates.
                  What's crackin, yo?

Yeah, I get it. But they'll probably run into several people that aren't willing to sign away such rights. It starts with Motorcycles, etc. But, where does it end, really? Before you know it, he can't drink beer with his buddies on Sunday.

Comment

I dont think its fair for any of us to assume that he was acting in an unsafe manner, by neglecting to wear any personal protective equipment. We dont know what type of protective gear Paul had on, so I think it's a lil bit premature for any of us to assume that he did anything wrong. This is just so tragic, his life and the life of his family and friends are now forever changed.

Comment

people should just learn to stay away from fukin motorbikes, that's the moral of the story

Comment

Working...
                      X