Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web designer and Wedding Emcee. Used to be homeless and now I have a boat!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
      For my entry-level job - yes. I really wouldn't mind living in Boston in the future, and I hear Boston is very big in terms of career opportunities in the finance field. I plan on studying for my CPA license after school as well, so that should open up even more doors for the future.

I take it you're pursuing a career in the finance field as well? What specifically are you looking to do?
      Get that CPA license. Work for a Big 4 for a couple of years. Get experience in everything you can. As an auditor you get to see different industries. With experience in Big Four you can make Manager in a local firm easy and then go corporate and take it easy for the next 20 years. But is important to get that CPA license first. I wasted my time after college and I regret not having the license yet. I'm getting it this year, but I should be making more money now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
        Web designer and Wedding Emcee. Used to be homeless and now I have a boat!!

that's awesome, man

good for you. that's something to be very proud of indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
          Freelance Filmmaker
          I want to go into filmmaking, got any tips?

Comment

• When the phone rings just as your biting into your dinner thats me or one of my employees,i supervise a call center we do political opinion surveys.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              I want to go into filmmaking, got any tips?

learn how to subsist on ramen noodles and wait tables until you get a break

it's a brutal business. costs are high, payoffs can be lower than your costs or in the hundreds of millions

the blair witch project cost about 50 - 100 thousand dollars and grossed just a bit below a quarter of a Billion

with a B

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                learn how to subsist on ramen noodles and wait tables until you get a break

it's a brutal business. costs are high, payoffs can be lower than your costs or in the hundreds of millions

the blair witch project cost about 50 - 100 thousand dollars and grossed just a bit below a quarter of a Billion

with a B
                excellent post... and here have some green for mentioning the blairwitch project...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  excellent post... and here have some green for mentioning the blairwitch project...

thanks man

i'm no expert on making films but i love movies. great filmmakers are geniuses. it's a term that's thrown around far too often, but they are genius.

i've gotten through nearly everything from hayao miyazaki recently. the guy's a genius.

Comment

• I need a new job or im gonna have a heart attack before im 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      thanks man

i'm no expert on making films but i love movies. great filmmakers are geniuses. it's a term that's thrown around far too often, but they are genius.

i've gotten through nearly everything from hayao miyazaki recently. the guy's a genius.
                      the guys from pixar (geniuses themselves) look up to him for inpiration... then some competitors look up to pixar in turn...

the world of filmmaking is just better with him around...

Comment

Working...
                      X