• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    What do you do for work?
    journeyman ironworker

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Minimum wage doesn't matter to bars. In America the government sets different guidelines when it comes to the service industry, so they factor in tips. They certainly need tips or else no one would be in this industry. Don't feel bad though they make good money. I've been barbacking for a while now and even I make for about 8 hours around 175 a night. Our girls make around 600 bucks for just about 20 hours on the weekends.
      waitresses here who are smoking hot never declare their tips & make minimum wage. i know girls who in 4-5 hours can make $1000 but to me the service industry is so hit or miss. you can't set up a budget if you don't know how much money you are going to make each night. i say if you need your looks to make money you better be smart with your money because the looks can go at anytime...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        waitresses here who are smoking hot never declare their tips & make minimum wage. i know girls who in 4-5 hours can make $1000 but to me the service industry is so hit or miss. you can't set up a budget if you don't know how much money you are going to make each night. i say if you need your looks to make money you better be smart with your money because the looks can go at anytime...
        It's risky but that's certainly what a lot of people do. That's another thing though, you don't know what you're gonna make. If I'm working on a Thursday sometimes I can walk out of the bar with only 100 bucks for 6 or so hours but sometimes I can walk out with almost double, just depends on how we're doing. Not saying I'm doing this but I know people that don't claim and just hold another side job and just stash cash in their mattresses so the government can't track their tips or income.

Comment

I'm a better than average tipper partially because I have worked in the food industry before and I know how it is. But if my drink remains empty or if service is bad it reflects on the tip, as Reed said.
          If service is great I will get the attention of the manager and compliment the server. But some people just should not be in that line of work, not only servers but often cooks and managers.

Comment

It's risky but that's certainly what a lot of people do. That's another thing though, you don't know what you're gonna make. If I'm working on a Thursday sometimes I can walk out of the bar with only 100 bucks for 6 or so hours but sometimes I can walk out with almost double, just depends on how we're doing. Not saying I'm doing this but I know people that don't claim and just hold another side job and just stash cash in their mattresses so the government can't track their tips or income.
            they have to declare 10% of their earnings i think which obviously isn't much but i could be wrong about that. i've been an ironworker for 15 years so i don't know about tax evading. i pay like $30000\year income tax...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              they have to declare 10% of their earnings i think which obviously isn't much but i could be wrong about that. i've been an ironworker for 15 years so i don't know about tax evading. i pay like $30000\year income tax...
              Yeah, taxes are bull****. 10% is surprisingly not bad because in America we claim 13%. See I don't think at the bar I should have to pay taxes because I get no benefits at the bar. I look at it as a "kick back".

Comment

Yeah, taxes are bull****. 10% is surprisingly not bad because in America we claim 13%. See I don't think at the bar I should have to pay taxes because I get no benefits at the bar. I look at it as a "kick back".
                i don't mind paying taxes as long as my tax dollars are used for good services like medicare,etc but if it's for welfare & social services then i get pissed off. no pity for homeless & bums & welfare cases where i live. anyone can get a job if they look hard enough. get a job at mcdonalds or taco bell, etc..they don't want to work. if i got to pass a drugtest to go to work then i think anyone applying for welfare or social services should have random drugtests too. taxes keep me out of jail & also helps with services provided for me but i don't think i should have to pay 35% or so like i do...

Comment

To make a point to terrible service I received, I left a $0.01 tip.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                    To make a point to terrible service I received, I left a $0.01 tip.
                    i could never do that...i always tip but i don't often get bad service because many times people are intimidated by me...

Comment

I just double the tax.

Comment

Working...
                      X