No announcement yet.

What type of tipper are you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
    Not a single penny over the normal price....
    Mandatory only exists in America and dear I say stupid.
    Why would you tip for everything?
    What if the service sucked and the food was bad do they deserve a tip?

I get that America have those weird loopholes when it comes to waiters and their salary is based on it.
    But why should it be tied to the salary?
    Makes no fu'kking sense!
    It's a big scam restaurant owners get away with on the cost of the waiter and the customers
    I actually agree, but it's the norm here. I wouldn't take it out on the waiter because we have a stupid system.

Overseas it's much better. Just pay for your food, no sales tax. So if your food is the equivalent to $7, you leave a $7 bill and leave. Here you would pay $7 + .56c tax + $2 tip (I couldn't leave $1.50 tip). It just needlessly complicates stuff.

Plus the service I had in Korea and China was no different than it is here. I dislike the pushy servers that check up on you after each bite.

Comment

Btw... is it true that many spit on your food the next time you visit the place if you did'n't tip the last time?
      It's true. Not necessarily spitting in your food if you're a ****ty tipper, but if you're what we deem to be a "problem customer", cooks and wait staff definitely have a way of "getting back" at you via your order. I worked as a cook for a few years when I was younger in several different establishments, so you can trust me on this.

It's basically just like the film "Waiting".

Comment

Btw... is it true that many spit on your food the next time you visit the place if you did'n't tip the last time?
        I was only stiffed two times in 2 years as a waiter. One guy was a complete *******, the other people dined and dashed. I never saw the ******* again. I wouldn't spit in his food, but I give him really bad service, too bad he never came back (he wasn't a local).

Sometimes I would get bad tips from people, like 10%. Not too rare where I worked because we had a lot of elderly customers. I didn't mind at all when the elderly tipped bad. Other people would tip bad, I would just not give them as much tentative service when they were there. It's a balancing act, if you have 3 tables of potentially 18%ers and 1 table that you know will be needy and tip 10-15%, you're better off giveing the potential 18%ers more tentative service at the detriment of the cheapos.

I know some people I used to work with, actually did spit in food and stuff just if a customer was stank. I would never do anything like that, but a small minority of servers do.

Comment

I tip on the pre-tax amount and usually do about 20%, depending on the service. I also round up/down to the nearest dollar so that my check comes out to be a round number....

Comment

Usually 20% plus a dollar for everyone at the table....

Comment

That and if you paid with a card, they'll sell your cc numbers aka identity theft.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
                Depends on the service.

/Thread
                Yessir..............

Comment

I will give you more than what is mathematically correct if the service was impressive, and less if the opposite occurs. If you **** up big time and it's a nice place, important dinner etc., then I'll use my judgement but I can't imagine a scenario where I would leave zero dollars. At the same time, if you hook me up then I'll hook you up.

There are some bar tenders who will give me several free drinks because they understand I'm going to give them a huge tip and sometimes my bill with food & drinks will only be like 70 but I'll leave like a 150 dollar tip. Sometimes you gotta pay your way to the front of that huge wait on a saturday night

Comment

i am a good tipper. everywhere i go i don't have to ask for a drink because it is already in front of me. when i travel i make sure everybody i got use for is well looked after especially in cuba. i never wait for anything. it use to piss people off when i'd stay in an all-inclusive resort & there would be lineups to get drinks & i would go down to the end of the bar & the bartenders would drop everything to bring me my drinks...lol! i know how to play the game & who to butter up...all these people on BS call themselves "PLAYAS" lol! i know how to play the game & i don't even have to break the bank. you just need to know who to please.

Comment

I work in the service industry(part time) and if you are a **** tipper then you certainly don't want to become a regular at that joint. I'll leave it at that.

As for tipping I'm the 15% guy but if the service is good then I will go 18-20%.

Comment

Working...
                      X