Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The washington redskins trade three 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to get RG3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. the redskins being the redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      This is a pretty great debate going on in here. I'm not sure if RG3 is going to pan out, but I'd feel much more confident of him succeeding under the Redskins than I do the Browns. On a sidenote, I'm baffled why the browns want to give up on McCoy so easy when it's clear he has no one to throw too.

As far as the Redskins, they gave a **** ton for him that could really help the Rams in future drafts.

However, if there's anyone to help him succeed, it's Mike Shanahan. He has a very friendly RB system that can help RG3. Also, he's done well with hybrid QBs that are Pocket Passers and Mobile (Elway, Plummer, and Cutler).

Also Med, you keep mentioning how RG3 has never "won anything." When Shanahan took Cutler, Cutler had never won anything either. He had a losing record since High school, but is still a pretty good QB.

So I think the Redskins can look forward to their QB, especially if VJ signs with them.

That being all said, it's clearly the Rams came out ahead in this trade. If Bradford flourishes under Fisher and the redskins don't do exceptionally great, the Rams will become so much stronger.

Even this year, if Blackmon falls to 6, they'll have a great pick.

Oh the great Cutler? So tell me, what has Cutler won since? NOTHING. The Bears hate this guy and wish they had a real QB. Cutler not a winner, dude scared to get hit. Is that what Shannahan will makr RG3? A QB who runs but is afraid to get hit so he will end up making bad moves?

Jay Cutler is 40-37 in his Career. This is him starting with teams with uber defense .....

Comment

RG3 is going to be a flop.. I don't get the hype and its coming from almost EVERYONE. The majority of his passes more long handoffs to the sideline and his receivers did the work. He threw the occasional deep ball that connected and everyone goes ape ****. The guy is an athlete and can run. He doesn't posses the qbing skills to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Oh the great Cutler? So tell me, what has Cutler won since? NOTHING. The Bears hate this guy and wish they had a real QB. Cutler not a winner, dude scared to get hit. Is that what Shannahan will makr RG3? A QB who runs but is afraid to get hit so he will end up making bad moves?

Jay Cutler is 40-37 in his Career. This is him starting with teams with uber defense .....
          Scared to get hit. He gets hit more then anyone with his ****ty line. He takes it well and never complained.

Comment

Hail to my redskins we finally got a quarterback if we can get Vincent Jackson a few good OL in free agency wildcard here we come

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              Just because you can run doesn't mean you have more potential. Show me a great running qb and I'll show you 10 qbs with a rocket arm that actually won titles. RG3 is overrated as fuk. All I hear is potential this, potential that. Potential equals jack ****.
              lmao i'm sure someone points this out down the line but i hadnt read all yet...but umm RG3 can throw one hell of a bomb down the field...he dont just run...did u even ever watch Baylor play this year????he took a supreme **** ass team and made them decent...

Comment

Living in Chicago and being a huge fan of the Broncos, I've seen a lot of Jay Cutler. He's a diva outside of the field, but the last thing I would say about him is that he is scared to get it.

The Bears love him and bear fans normally like him.

Also you're wrong about his record. It maybe 40-37, but in Denver he probably had the worst defense in the league or close to it. In 2008, they were #1 in Offense, but last in defense.

In Chicago he's had a great defense, and put them in the NFC conference game. He also led them to a 7-3 record before getting hurt.

Cutler is a bit too bold at times and a loose cannon, but Shanahan knew how to use him. He also knew how to use Jake Plummer, who isn't amazing. He'll know how to use RG3 too, IMO. Much more so than the browns.

Comment

Rg3 is better then Luck,mark my words Luck will be a Matt Ryan type of a player Rg3 within 5 years will be top 5 in the league he is Mike Vick with the kinks worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                    RG3 is going to be a flop.. I don't get the hype and its coming from almost EVERYONE. The majority of his passes more long handoffs to the sideline and his receivers did the work. He threw the occasional deep ball that connected and everyone goes ape ****. The guy is an athlete and can run. He doesn't posses the qbing skills to make it.
                    Then you need to watch more tape of him,he has Vick like speed,can throw the ball 70 yards down field is right handed something you dont see a lot of in running qbs,and with all those tools the most important factor he is a good kid that works hard and is rolling with a chip on his shoulder cause he knows he is better then Luck.

Comment

but yea, the Skins got a really nifty deal for the 2nd best QB of his class. Way to ruin your chances for the next half a decade if RG3 doesnt work out
                      Co-signed. They must just plan on going Dan Snyder on free agents again. That worked great the last few times

Comment

Working...
                      X