Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home from the front lines.....Q&A with the Chief about Afghanistan!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Did you ever have any contact with any children during your time over there, and if so, was it as heartwarming as it was depicted in "The Hurt Locker"?

Just kidding, Chief. No, seriously though : How much contact did you have with the locals, and how receptive (if at all) were they to your presence there?

Was sense of humor something you found yourself relying on heavily to get you through your day?

How much happier are you to be able to browse BS again with a blazingly fast internet connection?
    Well, geez, thanks for the timely ****in' response, Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
      How's that Afghan weed? I know you smoked some; if you say you didn't you're a liiiiiaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Maaayyyyne them jokers burn hashish on the regular. Every-DAY. They would duck off behind a buildin right quick, fiya it up bruh, and put it all in the air Vers homie. But naw. I aint hit none. With the job I had to do out there bruh; I couldnt afford to be blowed. But I do know some folks who did blow some kill out there.

Comment

Well, geez, thanks for the timely ****in' response, Chief.

Damn mah fault Bringer mah homie. I missed this post. Imma go back and find it so I can respond bruh. I gotchu.

Comment

How often did your encampment location become compromised due to outside threats? Not the "some **** might happen today" kind, I mean the "some **** is happening NOW" kind.

How the hell did you ever manage to get any sleep over there? I'm the type whose brain works overtime everytime it hits the pillow, and under those circumstances, I think I'd be hardwired for a week at a time without sleeping. It's insane to me how you (or any of your crew) managed to get your 7 winks in nightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
            Its not unwinnable. But to have the effects/looks of a definative/decisive WWII-esque win. There are some things that need to change. You are correct that the area is fractured by tribal beefs, and also correct that it will take a gereration or two to see the desired results that everyone wants to see right now.
            I know you come from that perspective because you saw it first hand and you are part of the Army but I don't think any country can win a war in Afghanistan.

Like you said, it's too tribal, to broken up and even if you control the cities like the Soviets and we are now, it makes no difference. There was just a report on how the Taliban has returned to strength there and it's a shame.

Those people are living in another century and we are expecting them to pick up where we left off and it's not going to happen. Best thing for America IMO is for every American to get the fuk out of there and Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              Maaayyyyne them jokers burn hashish on the regular. Every-DAY. They would duck off behind a buildin right quick, fiya it up bruh, and put it all in the air Vers homie. But naw. I aint hit none. With the job I had to do out there bruh; I couldnt afford to be blowed. But I do know some folks who did blow some kill out there.
              I heard that's some top notch stuff.

Comment

Did you ever have any contact with any children during your time over there, and if so, was it as heartwarming as it was depicted in "The Hurt Locker"?

Just kidding, Chief. No, seriously though : How much contact did you have with the locals, and how receptive (if at all) were they to your presence there?

Was sense of humor something you found yourself relying on heavily to get you through your day?

How much happier are you to be able to browse BS again with a blazingly fast internet connection?
                There were some instances where you built a connection with the local children. I saw them in a medical capacity, so it was bittersweet for the most part. At 1st they were very stand-offish not just because I was American, but also, because they havent seen very many Black Americans if at all. So we would keep a gang of toys(that were donated, or that we bought out of our own pockets)to send home with them, and use to break the ice with them. But the older they were the more definatively you could tell which way they were being molded.

We would patch um up from their various injuries, and give um brand new tennis shoes, toys, clothes and stuff. Their injuries would vary from moderate to severe. And would make you fightin mad, when you found out how they where injured in the 1st place.

My blazing fast internet connection is a thing of pure beauty bruh. It left me speechless to say the least.

Comment

How often did your encampment location become compromised due to outside threats? Not the "some **** might happen today" kind, I mean the "some **** is happening NOW" kind.

How the hell did you ever manage to get any sleep over there? I'm the type whose brain works overtime everytime it hits the pillow, and under those circumstances, I think I'd be hardwired for a week at a time without sleeping. It's insane to me how you (or any of your crew) managed to get your 7 winks in nightly.
                  I wont say that we became compromised Bringer mah homie. Imean, everyone knew we were there. I was on a "black-out FOB" so we were the darkest spot on the map, once night fell, not to mention the high air traffic overhead. But also, you never know who(local workers)where tied up directly or indirectly with the Taliban.

You learn to deal with/sleep through the constant noise(helos coming in and out through all hours of the day and night)shaking your bhut. The constant Mortar fire(outgoing and incoming, for incoming you react alot differently than you do for outgoing ). Plus we could get patients at anytime, so you learned to sleep light, and react swiftly ie. wake up to fully operational in a heartbeat. The constant disruption of my sleep pattern probably helped give me a more severe case of sleep apnea(although I've been able to sleep fairly peacefully since I've been home).

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  I know you come from that perspective because you saw it first hand and you are part of the Army but I don't think any country can win a war in Afghanistan.

Like you said, it's too tribal, to broken up and even if you control the cities like the Soviets and we are now, it makes no difference. There was just a report on how the Taliban has returned to strength there and it's a shame.

Those people are living in another century and we are expecting them to pick up where we left off and it's not going to happen. Best thing for America IMO is for every American to get the fuk out of there and Iraq.
                  They are adapting very fast. They adopt what they want out of the 21st century Cuauht mah homie. It is being won, and can be won very definatively, but most wouldnt like how its done. But to me thats part of the problem. You would be severely taken aback if I told you about PID and ROE bruh. And the Taliban(Afghan and Pakistan) are not the only ones there fighting us.
                  Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
                  I heard that's some top notch stuff.
                  It smelled like it was Vers bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    Did you get any confirmed kills?

Sorry if it's too direct.
                    Haha, I asked a Marine NCO that when I was in 3rd grade, really put him in an awkward spot.

Comment

Do you have Post traumatic stress disorder?

Comment

Working...
                      X