Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home from the front lines.....Q&A with the Chief about Afghanistan!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear to made it back safe Chief. Thanks for your almost two decades of service to this country and for helping explain to people some of the good we do over there, that is largely ignored by our media.

Comment

damn they edited c0cky.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Hope you don't get extended there. Met some dudes last time I was in Afghan that had been there over 3 years cause he kept getting extended. The Guy started online classes and got his degree while he was there. I should be going back out to afghan within 5-8 months. Enjoy your time home with your fam man, maybe I'll see you out there in the desert. God bless man.
        Thanks Rip mah homie. Hopefully I dont. I dont think I will. Will do bruh. And you be safe out there bruh. God Bless you Rip Chudd my man, and I appreciate all that you do bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Glad to hear to made it back safe Chief. Thanks for your almost two decades of service to this country and for helping explain to people some of the good we do over there, that is largely ignored by our media.
          Thank you Jim my good man. I greatly appreciate your kind words bruh. Its really shocking how much good we do over there that gets absolutely NO mention from not only our media, but also from the international media. We saw soooooo many MROE negative patients before the policy changed. But it isnt being mentioned at all. Its a damn shame if you ask me.

Comment

How many did you kill?

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
              How many did you kill?
              None. Saved quite a few though.

Comment

Before I get anymore questions about a body count, or confirmed kills. Be advised that I have seen men die(local, coalition, and enemy). I have watched the color drain out of their bodies from the feet up, the life leave their eyes, and the the last breath escape their lungs. I have a considerably more profound outlook on how fragile the life of man is(more so then before). So I more than likely will not greet questions with great enthusiasim when asked about death/confirmed kills/body counts.

I will answer questions about the injuries that I have seen and all that I've witnessed. But it wont be with a reality tv type zeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post

There are some who guniuenly want us there, and there are some that want us there because of what we provide(oppurtunists: ie. monetarily and logistically).
                  Ive never been there but I've watched a few documentaries and read articles etc over the years. There's no doubt that the troops are helping the country in some respects, but it looks to be unwinnable. It's said that certain people in Afghanistan don't even like Afghans in other parts of the same country - never mind people from outside Afghanistan. It's a messed up place and will probably take generations to change.

It's crazy to think that America actually helped them fight the Russians and now America and its allies are experiencing the same thing. And Russian made RPG-29s are being used on tanks as well. Crazy stuff.

Comment

How's that Afghan weed? I know you smoked some; if you say you didn't you're a liiiiiaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                      Ive never been there but I've watched a few documentaries and read articles etc over the years. There's no doubt that the troops are helping the country in some respects, but it looks to be unwinnable. It's said that certain people in Afghanistan don't even like Afghans in other parts of the same country - never mind people from outside Afghanistan. It's a messed up place and will probably take generations to change.

It's crazy to think that America actually helped them fight the Russians and now America and its allies are experiencing the same thing. And Russian made RPG-29s are being used on tanks as well. Crazy stuff.
                      Its not unwinnable. But to have the effects/looks of a definative/decisive WWII-esque win. There are some things that need to change. You are correct that the area is fractured by tribal beefs, and also correct that it will take a gereration or two to see the desired results that everyone wants to see right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X