Marlo from The Wire is the Scariest TV-show character ever created

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, call Marlo's number.

Comment

oh btw, for people who get stuck/uninterested while watching season 2 of the wire, just skip ahead to season 3. You won't miss much (some minor plots that are easily digestible anyway) going into the rest of the series anyway since season 2 stands almost completely alone as a separate story.

I hated season two and couldn't get through it, so i jumped to season three which is a very strong season and then went back (due to not having access to season 4 yet) and watched the second season.

Now that I've seen the show multiple times i feel season 2 is very strong but i couldn't get into it at the time. It's too much of a contrast compared to season 1,3,4,5.

The wire is the most rewarding show of all time but also the most difficult to get into. You need to give it some time before it all clicks. In all other shows the writers hold your hand and guide you gently through the storytelling, while in the wire you are just dumped right into chaos and expected to pick up the pieces yourself.
      Do yourself a favor and give it your best shot. Soon you will be completely engulfed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        You say "sensationalistic" like it's a bad thing. In the case of "OZ", I think it was executed to pitch-perfect perfection.

Thanks for the breakdown on "The Wire", though. Perhaps I owe it to myself as a fan of film to go back and revisit it. I just remember jumping on board around the 4th season, so everybody else was way ahead of me, and talking about how amazing it was.

So I'm watching season one like : "Jesus Christ, when does it get interesting?"

Truthfully, I didn't even want to check out season two because season one left such a bad taste in my mouth. But I bit the bullet, and watched it anyway, all the while thinking : "What the **** is wrong here? Why am I not seeing what everybody else sees in this series?"

Needless to say, I stopped after season two. But I may revisit it. Still, I think some better writing would have been in order for those first two seasons : I'm not as patient a viewer with television as I am with cinema - If something doesn't grab me by the balls within a few episodes, I normally tune out.
        That explains it.
        Did you really watch the whole first season reaaaallly? cus season one gains momentum and becomes reaaally good around from the middle to the end.
        The first couple of episodes are just builders.
        The details that you see still stay relevant and come in effect later on.

Season 3,4 and 5 are pure gold.
        Every season has a theme.
        The second happend to be the ports and a corrupt Polaks.
        I thought it still was a good season but one of the most boring one.

Watch season 2 bro, then you really gonna start loving the wire.
        Thats when **** gets real

Comment

Like I said, not a patient viewer when it comes to television. Cinema is another story, as I'm an avid fan of guys like Leone and Kubrick. And yes, I really watched all of season one. Season two was so boring I only remember bits and pieces, but I remember thinking that one was much better.

But yeah : I plan on revisiting it since you're vouching for it so strongly. I still have season one on my laptop.

Comment

Omar was overrated. Set up to be the "cult classic" character, I wasn't buying it. Slim Charles was my dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Like I said, not a patient viewer when it comes to television. Cinema is another story, as I'm an avid fan of guys like Leone and Kubrick. And yes, I really watched all of season one. Season two was so boring I only remember bits and pieces, but I remember thinking that one was much better.

But yeah : I plan on revisiting it since you're vouching for it so strongly. I still have season one on my laptop.
              Watch the WHOLE season 1, you haven't gotten in yet skip to season 3 and revisit season 2
              season 2 has some vital parts for the general story but can be skipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Omar was overrated. Set up to be the "cult classic" character, I wasn't buying it. Slim Charles was my dawg.
                "That was for Joe man" - Slim Charles.
                HAHA that **** always gets me.
                That guy was professional yet a loyal mofo with a lot of street "wisdom"

Comment

Originally posted by the_bringer View Post
                  simon adebisi. Ruthless.
                  agreed!!!

Oz rules!!!!
                  Last edited by Rapid Counter; 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                    Mother****ers feared Ryan o Reiley though. Well I mean Cyril did whatever he told him but still. He was an animal.
                    Oz was the shizz.....that white skinhead dude was the worst man, the guy that plays in law and order as a shrink now.

Comment

Now it is the guy from Boardwalk Empire....he also played in the Wire and Oz I think

Comment

Working...
                      X